750,000 in Liverpool for the victory parade
(06-03-2019, 10:45 AM)WWHO Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 10:29 AM)Squid Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 10:26 AM)WWHO Wrote: I was there.  Whilst there were lots of out of towners, the vast majority were scousers.  T'was a great day.

Urrrghh.

I'd rather watch slugs breeding.

I live here; sun was shining, beer was flowing, music was playing, a good time was had by one and all.  Enjoy the slugs.

I was living in Liverpool last time they won it. Still would not have gone anywhere near a victory parade for them.
(06-03-2019, 10:58 AM)Squid Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 10:45 AM)WWHO Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 10:29 AM)Squid Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 10:26 AM)WWHO Wrote: I was there.  Whilst there were lots of out of towners, the vast majority were scousers.  T'was a great day.

Urrrghh.

I'd rather watch slugs breeding.

I live here; sun was shining, beer was flowing, music was playing, a good time was had by one and all.  Enjoy the slugs.

I was living in Liverpool last time they won it. Still would not have gone anywhere near a victory parade for them.

Bully for you.
Bloody hell some of our fans are glory hunter’s watching the scousers parade. Stuff that would rather pull my teeth out.
(06-03-2019, 11:31 AM)wba13 Wrote: Bloody hell some of our fans are glory hunter’s watching the scousers parade. Stuff that would rather pull my teeth out.

I know i'm going to regret engaging with the village idiot, but hey ho. How does attending a public parade 1/2 mile from my house make me a glory hunter? You do realise that doesn't make me a Liverpool fan, right?
(06-03-2019, 11:31 AM)wba13 Wrote: Bloody hell some of our fans are glory hunter’s watching the scousers parade. Stuff that would rather pull my teeth out.

I love how angry wba13 gets about any post that is either about another club or isn’t full of gushing, effusive praise for ours.

I suspect his bedroom consists of Albion wallpaper, curtains, carpet, duvet cover, clock, etc...
(06-03-2019, 11:36 AM)WWHO Wrote:

I know i'm going to regret engaging with the village idiot, but hey ho. How does attending a public parade 1/2 mile from my house make me a glory hunter?  You do realise that doesn't make me a Liverpool fan, right?
Fwiw I'm with you WWHO.
Great fun celebrating another team's success, and- obviously- it doesn't make you a fan of theirs.
My step daughter was a Blackburn rovers fan in the 90s and I took her to lots of their games as well as the victory event in the stadium. It was great seeing them beat Man U to the title, and watching one of the best players I've ever seen live in Shearer.
I've enjoyed my home city of Bradford's (relative) success and attend plenty of their games.
I've a soft spot for both clubs. 
But I'm an Albion fan and always will be.
You don't have to hate (or in this case be jealous of) another club to qualify.
I celebrated Zambia winning the AFCON in the Albion pub but I’d had about 8 pints so would’ve celebrated if One Man and His Dog had been on.
(06-03-2019, 11:50 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

I know i'm going to regret engaging with the village idiot, but hey ho. How does attending a public parade 1/2 mile from my house make me a glory hunter?  You do realise that doesn't make me a Liverpool fan, right?
Fwiw I'm with you WWHO.
Great fun celebrating another team's success, and- obviously- it doesn't make you a fan of theirs.
My step daughter was a Blackburn rovers fan in the 90s and I took her to lots of their games as well as the victory event in the stadium. It was great seeing them beat Man U to the title, and watching one of the best players I've ever seen live in Shearer.
I've enjoyed my home city of Bradford's (relative) success and attend plenty of their games.

I think most celebrated the Blackburn win in 95 as it meant Man U missed out.
I certainly wouldn't celebrate a Liverpool trophy win though. Whatever next... Albuon fans joining the Villa promotion celebration...
(06-03-2019, 01:34 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Fwiw I'm with you WWHO.

I certainly wouldn't celebrate a Liverpool trophy win though. Whatever next... Albuon fans joining the Villa promotion celebration...

That's really not the same thing though, is it?
(06-03-2019, 01:39 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 01:34 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Fwiw I'm with you WWHO.

That's really not the same thing though, is it?

It's not far off. Liverpool are a detestable football team with equally bad fans.