Champions League highlights
The Villa will be in trouble as their heads will be "unnaturally bigger".
(06-02-2019, 05:26 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 01:07 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Just seen penalty decision and it's ridiculous. I'd love to see a review of the laws around penalties.
Funny you should say that. Changes for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254

Hmmm. Last night's penalty might not have been awarded then.

My big problem with penalties is that a team can get awarded a shot from 12 yards out when the incident that led to it would almost certainly not have led to a goalscoring chance, let alone a goal. When Mane played that ball in last night, it was heading towards the edge of the penalty area where Spurs players outnumbered Liverpool players. It was a nonsense that this gave Liverpool an advantage and probably ruined the game as a spectacle. Dare I say VAR would not have awarded it?

I've felt this way about penalties ever since I saw Hughesy win and then score one when his heel got clipped as he chased a ball that was going out for a throw. We won the game but it was the most hollow of victories.
(06-02-2019, 10:41 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 05:26 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 01:07 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Just seen penalty decision and it's ridiculous. I'd love to see a review of the laws around penalties.
Funny you should say that. Changes for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254

Hmmm. Last night's penalty might not have been awarded then.

My big problem with penalties is that a team can get awarded a shot from 12 yards out when the incident that led to it would almost certainly not have led to a goalscoring chance, let alone a goal. When Mane played that ball in last night, it was heading towards the edge of the penalty area where Spurs players outnumbered Liverpool players. It was a nonsense that this gave Liverpool an advantage and probably ruined the game as a spectacle. Dare I say VAR would not have awarded it?

I've felt this way about penalties ever since I saw Hughesy win and then score one when his heel got clipped as he chased a ball that was going out for a throw. We won the game but it was the most hollow of victories.

VAR was consulted and confirmed it was a pen.