Which Formation/System
crazy suggestion but 4 4 2.

defence picks itself but if you had 4 in the middle you'd have an extra man there (stating the bleeding obvious) it was 5 v 3 last night and we didn't get much change out of them and impose ourselves on them. 4 3 3 looks good when played in the opponents half but when we are playing out in our half ane being pushed up on, well you can all see the frailty in that.

2 decent wide players to protect the fullbacks but to also overlap with the fullbacks, Gibbs and Holgate overlapping Murphy and Phillips mebbes, how good would that be?  Barry and Harper patrolling the midfield area, not all the way across thus not having to cover so much ground and then play JRod and Gayle up front through the middle, god knows Gayle is wasted out wide.

I genuinely believe this would tear the champ apart but for some reason it never gets a look in, maybe it's not fashionable enough.

just my thoughts and have been ever since we got an attacking right back in
He's left himself with no options as we're so one dimensional upfront. Two lads that offer nothing to the game bar a poachers finish doesn't add up to a balanced team IMO.
Three at the back didn’t work because we asked too much of solid non ball playing centre halves. We still over play it at the back and this is why we concede goals so wtf would that improve us?
(02-13-2019, 08:05 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I don't care what formation is played, Gayle shouldn't be played wide left or right.

+1
The 4-3-3 isn't working at the moment as our midfield 3 lack any sort of pace ie Barry,Livermore, and Johansen.
when we beat Leeds the likes of Morrison and Phillips were playing who are both quick,wouldnt mind seeing a midfield 3
of Barry/Livermore,Harper, and Phillips some time in the future.
(02-13-2019, 08:05 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I don't care what formation is played, Gayle shouldn't be played wide left or right.

The fact you think Gayle is playing as a winger shows that you either:
A) Don't watch the matches; or
B) Don't understand football
(02-13-2019, 12:19 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

Mmm, looks like another candidate for Josh's ignore list.   Rolleyes
(02-13-2019, 08:10 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

I would like to see a heat map for where Gayle was on the pitch last night. Because my impression unlike everyone else's and admittedly watching with a bout of manful (heavy cold) was that he was more central than wide .

[Image: ibjbwi.png]
(02-13-2019, 12:19 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

As far as I could make out, yesterday we lined up with Gayle JRod and Murphy as a front three. Gayle was playing wide left of that front three and was eventually switched to wide right of that three. In fact our equaliser, Gayle played a key role with good build up play and cross on the left wing...

Maybe if I didn't see it correctly, you'd care to offer your apparent far superior football knowledge and explain how we set up and Gayle's exactly position to me?
Clarnet v2.0
Id love to see Livermore's.  Is there a big red dot by the burger van on the Halfords?