Michael O'Neill
(05-21-2019, 03:29 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 02:58 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: International management is entirely different to domestic league football being good/half decent at one does not always follow good at the other, many have tried and failed over the years , for me its a big no but should the powers that be think he is the right man for the job then I will give him 100% support, that's all we can do as fans.

Be very surprised if he came tbh. It's got to be an  Appy / Shan double act. IMO, I feel as though we're just being strung along. Time will tell.

20/1 Paddy Power..... tellin ya.... Wink
(05-21-2019, 02:58 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: International management is entirely different to domestic league football being good/half decent at one does not always follow good at the other, many have tried and failed over the years , for me its a big no but should the powers that be think he is the right man for the job then I will give him 100% support, that's all we can do as fans.

Be very surprised if he came tbh. It's got to be an  Appy / Shan double act. IMO, I feel as though we're just being strung along. Time will tell.

I wouldn't be surprised either, we clearly rate Appy and Shan but I think the club maybe learning a little from employing coaches with little experience of this league. You could easily say that O'Neil doesn't have any but a few would argue that he has International experience which is a higher calibre of football (albeit with Northern Ireland, no offence).
(05-21-2019, 03:34 PM)Lightnin Wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised either, we clearly rate Appy and Shan but I think the club maybe learning a little from employing coaches with little experience of this league. You could easily say that O'Neil doesn't have any but a few would argue that he has International experience which is a higher calibre of football (albeit with Northern Ireland, no offence).

The international comparison is interesting.  If anything, it would be more relevant to us in the Premier League where we need a manager to galvanise us to compete with bigger hitters with better players than ours. In the championship, we are looking to be one of the big hitters, so need to impose ourselves more. There are very few occasions where NI will have been required/able to do this.
(05-21-2019, 04:24 PM)Statto Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 03:34 PM)Lightnin Wrote:

The international comparison is interesting.  If anything, it would be more relevant to us in the Premier League where we need a manager to galvanise us to compete with bigger hitters with better players than ours. In the championship, we are looking to be one of the big hitters, so need to impose ourselves more. There are very few occasions where NI will have been required/able to do this.

Good point that. NI became very very good at staying in games against better opposition, and beating them 1-0. They also tended to do enough against the poorer teams, but I agree with your point. Their game was based around the solidity of GMac and Evans (and GMac's set piece goals!)
Are Alan Irvine & Dennis Smith still out of work?
He's not in the running according to Matt Wilson, who reckons we are talking to Cowley.
(05-20-2019, 07:50 PM)Dumbo Wrote: If Hughton has ruled himself out then I hope we just give it to Shan.

Rather Shan than Cowley, O’neil or Bowyer.

Deluded. 

Allegri and Mourinho in the frame.  Rolleyes
No ones mentioned the other avaliable out of work no compo needed option,,, Mark Hughes,, runs for cover and hides with tin hat sorry someone had to   Angel
(05-22-2019, 03:59 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: No ones mentioned the other avaliable out of work no compo needed option,,, Mark Hughes,, runs for cover and hides with tin hat sorry someone had to   Angel

You can run but you can’t hide!!
Celtic are also seeking to have talks with O'Neil about managing them. Wonder when it'll be announced that we're talking with Neil Lennon then?