Harper
Apparently it could be around 300K if he heads to Celtic
I think the bigger question with all this is why players are so keen to leave us after 10 years of us nurturing them. Harper is on the cusp of being a very good player but wants out. You'd think he might feel a sense of loyalty for the club that have looked after him so we'll. It's a real shame if you ask me.

Tyler Roberts was the same. Ok so he didn't get the opportunities but he was off pretty quick.

We simply have to get better at including the best ones and getting the promising ones on good contracts.

We have Rodgers and Barrie to come soon so we need to get better.

It's all agents I'm sure. Is it true that Harper shares the same agent as Tyler Roberts?
(05-21-2019, 01:10 PM)Brandywell Wrote: First mobile central midfielder with promise we have had in years and people cant wait to get rid

Because he's an ungratelful twat and doesn't want to be here - otherwise he'd have already signed a contract.

(05-21-2019, 01:54 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 01:13 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 01:10 PM)Brandywell Wrote: First mobile central midfielder with promise we have had in years and people cant wait to get rid

I think fans are saying this as a reaction to his unwillingness to sign a contract. I haven't seen enough of him to draw a conclusion, but he does seem full of promise so I hope he stays.

Partly, he also clearly has an attitude and application issue.  I'm not buying a languid style, more lazy fucker to me, he didn't even seem up for it in the Villa 2nd leg game.  If that doesn't get the blood pumping then nothing will.

An ex-forward converted  to a mobile midfielder with a decent shot on him let 4 defenders take a penalty ahead of him.  

Plenty talent in him bu he needs to channel it properly.

The club can't force a player to sign a contract but they've got to be more willing to take a little risk with the contracts, it's too late once they've hit the first team consistently.  As we're seeing there are plenty willing takers when a promising youngster comes through.

If you watch just even the highlights he's just standing around doing fuck all - couldn't give a shit.  

I reckon the plan all along once he got in the side was to put a few good performances in to attract suitors and then mess Albion around.  I bet his agents are a right bunch of twats. 

He's clearly got a chip on his shoulder.

We can do better than this.    Fuck him off.
(05-21-2019, 07:17 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Because he's an ungratelful twat and doesn't want to be here - otherwise he'd have already signed a contract.

Ah ok so what has the value of the contract been like in relation to other players in the club
(05-21-2019, 06:14 PM)Peachy Wrote: I think the bigger question with all this is why players are so keen to leave us after 10 years of us nurturing them. Harper is on the cusp of being a very good player but wants out. You'd think he might feel a sense of loyalty for the club that have looked after him so we'll. It's a real shame if you ask me.

Tyler Roberts was the same. Ok so he didn't get the opportunities but he was off pretty quick.

We simply have to get better at including the best ones and getting the promising ones on good contracts.

We have Rodgers and Barrie to come soon so we need to get better.

It's all agents I'm sure. Is it true that Harper shares the same agent as Tyler Roberts?
I'm not sure this is simply an Albion issue. It may be as simple as a bidding war over his signing on fee and it has turned his (or his agents)  head.  Re Tyler Roberts, when he left we were better than we are now and he wouldn't have had a chance at the 1st team.  Agree it is something we need to take seriously though, it's pretty galling to lose out after putting years into coaching him.
(05-21-2019, 07:26 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 07:17 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Ah ok so what has the value of the contract been like in relation to other players in the club

Commensurate with his age and current state of development, with progression built in for success/performance, similar to Field's I would imagine, but not the likes of Phillips and Livermore - yet.   It simply doesn't work like that. 

He's still very much a work in progress/unknown so it's a punt to some extent, even though there have been flashes of great promise.  He's proven nothing yet though and has actually shown a lot of worrying signs in recent weeks.  We don't want people with those characteristics around the club.

It's been reported he had a VIP tour of Celtic Park last week.