FFS Shan
Needed changing. Field should have been on 10 mins ago
Sorry, but this is a proper hindsight post. Things were going perfectly according to plan until a few mins ago
First time I think Shan has messed up he game management.

Murphy for Phillips too early as he wasn’t showing signs of fatigue, Field should have come on after 70 mins when Brunt was struggling to keep up and lost Hourihane for the goal, and Gayle should have been off before the red
(05-11-2019, 01:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: First time I think Shan has messed up he game management.

Murphy for Phillips too early as he wasn’t showing signs of fatigue, Field should have come on after 70 mins when Brunt was struggling to keep up and lost Hourihane for the goal, and Gayle should have been off before the red

We should have brought hindsight on
(05-11-2019, 01:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: First time I think Shan has messed up he game management.

Gayle was never a sending off offence - and ours was a penalty - poor ref IMO

I think we all thought Phillips should be subbed - but extra bodies in midfield were needed.

Looked to me like Phillips was blowing. Trouble with Murphy is that he gives you fugg all work wise.
Left with one striker and having to rely on Murphy, Phillips or the kids to play up front.

Getting what we deserve, we all knew we were reliant on JRod and Gayle, now it has come to bite us in the backside.

Edwards must feature on the bench at least
Apart from Johansen, the middle of the park felt empty. Brunt was anonymous and Rodriguez got lost between midfield and attack.

We didn't possess enough of a threat on the counter, Gayle had the one chance to feed Murphy but otherwise we let Villa camp in our half without fear of conceding.
The game changed when we were comfortable, in possession, Villa increasingly frustrated, and Bartley hammered a long pass out of play. Their first goal resulted from the following throw in and passage of play. The final 25 minutes were one way traffic, and in that sense Villa got the lead their dominance deserved. We were clearly unlucky not to get a penalty, but nothing unlucky about Gayle’s stupidity. Still, all to play for. Bolster the midfield with Field, and we may have a better grip on the game than today.