Team today
Based on Shan deciding the 5 at the back is the way forward, the team picks itself except for the one midfield spot.

Sam J
Holgate
Bartley
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Johanson
Brunt
Phillips or Harper

JRod
Gayle

The concern is whether the 3 midfielders can stem the attacking midfield of Villa
(05-11-2019, 08:36 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Based on Shan deciding the 5 at the back is the way forward, the team picks itself except for the one midfield spot.

Sam J
Holgate
Bartley
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Johanson
Brunt
Phillips or Harper

JRod
Gayle

The concern is whether the 3 midfielders can stem the attacking midfield of Villa

Livermore smokeacreen?
(05-11-2019, 08:54 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 08:36 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Based on Shan deciding the 5 at the back is the way forward, the team picks itself except for the one midfield spot.

Sam J
Holgate
Bartley
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Johanson
Brunt
Phillips or Harper

JRod
Gayle

Livermore smokeacreen?
 It would have to be a fugging big un
Might be tempted to move Holgate to one of the 3 central defenders and play Phillips at right back.

Concerns me that Phillips has been under used there is a difference between saving a player for an important game and not giving a returning player from injury enough minutes on the pitch to get back match fitness.
(05-11-2019, 09:23 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Might be tempted to move Holgate to one of the 3 central defenders and play Phillips at right back.

Concerns me that Phillips has been under used there is a difference between saving a player for an important game and not giving a returning player from injury enough minutes on the pitch to get back match fitness.

Excellent move to try Holgate in a position he's never played for us in the most important match of the season so far. It would be a surprise. I'm told he's nearly as good in the middle three as Gareth Barry.
I have suspected all along that Livermore will be available.
[Image: D6R5JK8WAAE2jyc.jpg]
(05-11-2019, 10:31 AM)fbaggy Wrote: [Image: D6R5JK8WAAE2jyc.jpg]

Excellent. Pretty much the strongest team, although had he been fit i'd have still been tempted to play Livermore away from home.
Midfield still looks pretty powder puff though
(05-11-2019, 10:08 AM)col lard Wrote: I have suspected all along that Livermore will be available.

Suspiciously wide of the mark.
(05-11-2019, 10:36 AM)col lard Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 10:08 AM)col lard Wrote: I have suspected all along that Livermore will be available.

Suspiciously wide of the mark.

What's his injury? It's been kept very quiet.