Bartley.
(02-08-2019, 11:18 AM)Lightnin Wrote: I don't think Bartley is a bad player at all, I just think he has monumental lapses in concentration all to often. The goal we gave away on Wednesday for Brighton to equalise was a fine example. You can't expect Dawson to be reacting to Bartleys miscontrol of the ball, it was not a pass. There is no way he'd have attempted a first time pass to Dawson with a man on him. He should be controlling far better as a pro! Christ, my garage wall has a better first touch than what we saw Wednesday.

After he's made a mistake, he then tries to make amends rather than just getting on with the game and becomes needlessly aggresive and irrational
. It's like he needs someone talking to him. If you want him to just defend, I think he will all day but if you want him to be a footballer, forget it.

I genuinely hate digging our own players out but I'm afraid to say Bartley is mostly pretty much wank. He was mostly wank in a back four at the beginning of the season, majorly wank in a back three and not quite as wank for the cup games. Yet he was still found to be wank when it mattered. He doesn't have monumental lapses in concentration, he has moments of clarity when he's less wank than usual and actually does something quite good.

There is indeed every likelihood he would have attempted a first time pass to a player with a man on him. He's been doing it to a greater or lesser degree all season, on many occasions this has occurred when team mates have more than one player on them; this is because he is wank. I would imagine your garage wall would indeed be better equipped to control a ball more proficiently than Kyle. This is because it serves a purpose and by definition is therefore not pretty much wank at what it does.

After he's made a mistake he points irrationally in all directions while shouting, presumably implying it's his team mates who are in actual fact wank. In many cases over the years I have seen this to mean the player doing the pointing and shouting is in fact the offending wank player. 'Look at me' type colleagues are normally very adept at this form of reverse psychology, but when push comes to shove they too are often found to be equally wank at whatever the fuck it is they think they're doing.

In my opinion Kyle's needed someone to talk to him for some time. Preferably while sitting down so as not to starve his brain of oxygen before explaining very slowly and in words of one syllable that professional football may not be for him. Based purely on the evidence of my own eyes this is because he is largely rather wank at it. I am sure he is a very decent person and I have no wish to assassinate his character. Further to this I never boo or abuse our own players, never. However, were it not for the evidence of my own eyes I honestly wouldn't believe he's playing at Championship level.
(02-08-2019, 07:06 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 11:18 AM)Lightnin Wrote: I don't think Bartley is a bad player at all, I just think he has monumental lapses in concentration all to often. The goal we gave away on Wednesday for Brighton to equalise was a fine example. You can't expect Dawson to be reacting to Bartleys miscontrol of the ball, it was not a pass. There is no way he'd have attempted a first time pass to Dawson with a man on him. He should be controlling far better as a pro! Christ, my garage wall has a better first touch than what we saw Wednesday.

After he's made a mistake, he then tries to make amends rather than just getting on with the game and becomes needlessly aggresive and irrational
. It's like he needs someone talking to him. If you want him to just defend, I think he will all day but if you want him to be a footballer, forget it.

I genuinely hate digging our own players out but I'm afraid to say Bartley is mostly pretty much wank. He was mostly wank in a back four at the beginning of the season, majorly wank in a back three and not quite as wank for the cup games. Yet he was still found to be wank when it mattered. He doesn't have monumental lapses in concentration, he has moments of clarity when he's less wank than usual and actually does something quite good.

There is indeed every likelihood he would have attempted a first time pass to a player with a man on him. He's been doing it to a greater or lesser degree all season, on many occasions this has occurred when team mates have more than one player on them; this is because he is wank. I would imagine your garage wall would indeed be better equipped to control a ball more proficiently than Kyle. This is because it serves a purpose and by definition is therefore not pretty much wank at what it does.

After he's made a mistake he points irrationally in all directions while shouting, presumably implying it's his team mates who are in actual fact wank. In many cases over the years I have seen this to mean the player doing the pointing and shouting is in fact the offending wank player. 'Look at me' type colleagues are normally very adept at this form of reverse psychology, but when push comes to shove they too are often found to be equally wank at whatever the fuck it is they think they're doing.

In my opinion Kyle's needed someone to talk to him for some time. Preferably while sitting down so as not to starve his brain of oxygen before explaining very slowly and in words of one syllable that professional football may not be for him. Based purely on the evidence of my own eyes this is because he is largely rather wank at it. I am sure he is a very decent person and I have no wish to assassinate his character. Further to this I never boo or abuse our own players, never. However, were it not for the evidence of my own eyes I honestly wouldn't believe he's playing at Championship level.

Fugg me Guns made me loff pure quality and straight to the point  Big Grin
(02-08-2019, 05:44 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 03:02 PM)Statto Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 02:43 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: One thing forshaw, if he ignores everyone who thinks he's an idiot, he'll be talking to himself.   Rolleyes

He would, but he's put himself on ignore  Big Grin

It's a shame that when someone replies to someone who is on your ignore list, you can then see what they have posted! 

I have no issue with people thinking I'm an idiot. They're entitled to that opinion and they can think what they like, it's water off a ducks back, so crack on. 

I just want to ignore certain posters who offer nothing constructive. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get into bed, so to speak, with Derek, but as I said above, I do find some of his posts constructive and decent.

I was just tapping into the open goal with the obvious joke!
(02-08-2019, 09:10 PM)Statto Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 05:44 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 03:02 PM)Statto Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 02:43 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: One thing forshaw, if he ignores everyone who thinks he's an idiot, he'll be talking to himself.   Rolleyes

He would, but he's put himself on ignore  Big Grin

It's a shame that when someone replies to someone who is on your ignore list, you can then see what they have posted! 

I have no issue with people thinking I'm an idiot. They're entitled to that opinion and they can think what they like, it's water off a ducks back, so crack on. 

I just want to ignore certain posters who offer nothing constructive. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get into bed, so to speak, with Derek, but as I said above, I do find some of his posts constructive and decent.

I was just tapping into the open goal with the obvious joke!

Yam OK chap. I assume you missed the open goal?
(02-08-2019, 05:44 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: (1)  It's a shame that when someone replies to someone who is on your ignore list, you can then see what they have posted! 

(2)  I have no issue with people thinking I'm an idiot. They're entitled to that opinion and they can think what they like, it's water off a ducks back, so crack on. 

(3)  I just want to ignore certain posters who offer nothing constructive. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get into bed, so to speak, with Derek, but as I said above, I do find some of his posts constructive and decent.

Here's a few constructive points for you, although I realise you won't be able to read them.

(1) Just putting everyone on ignore, could solve this problem.   Wink

(2)  If it really is "like water off a ducks back", why would it upset you enough to reach for the ignore button.  Rolleyes

(3) Writing sentences like "I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get into bed, so to speak, with Derek" into a post, does absolutely nothing for your credibility, and seems a bit creepy.   Blush