Livermore
I don’t think we can start Phillips in the away leg as I don’t think he’s got Sat/Tue in him.

I expect half an hour Saturday and start on Tuesday.
(05-06-2019, 05:26 PM)Statto Wrote: I don’t think we can start Phillips in the away leg as I don’t think he’s got Sat/Tue in him.

I think we will set up on Saturday to contain and frustrate. That won't involve Philips until well into the 2nd half when the fishy fuckers are calling for the sacking of Smith, with any luck.
(05-06-2019, 05:26 PM)Statto Wrote: I don’t think we can start Phillips in the away leg as I don’t think he’s got Sat/Tue in him.

Think you might be right there
(05-06-2019, 05:46 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

I think we will set up on Saturday to contain and frustrate. That won't involve Philips until well into the 2nd half when the fishy fuckers are calling for the sacking of Smith, with any luck.

If we set up to contain, we will get turned over in my opinion. We always do when we take that approach.

We need to go at them and have a go.
(05-06-2019, 06:29 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

If we set up to contain, we will get turned over in my opinion. We always do when we take that approach.

Didn't we do that at Bristol City and get blown away in the first twenty minutes?
(05-06-2019, 06:31 PM)Brunty Wrote:

Didn't we do that at Bristol City and get blown away in the first twenty minutes?

You tell me the last time we sat back and tried to contain a team and it paid off?

Second half at Villa Park in the league but we were two up.

Also, pay your fucking bet you scruff.

I think it is as much about shutting the crowd up, early doors.

If they score early and are flying, then untold damage could occur.

As much as I'm no advocate of Pulis, we should set up to achieve a similar result. Interesting that Reidy had a season coaching for Hodgson at Palace. Reid, Appleton and Shan could do far worse than ask their former boss Roy for some unofficial guidance on the subject, in my opinion (assuming he is able to do so).
(05-06-2019, 06:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

I think it is as much about shutting the crowd up, early doors.

If they score early and are flying, then untold damage could occur.

As much as I'm no advocate of Pulis, we should set up to achieve a similar result. Interesting that Reidy had a season coaching for Hodgson at Palace. Reid, Appleton and Shan could do far worse than ask their former boss Roy for some unofficial guidance on the subject, in my opinion (assuming he is able to do so).

If we were any good at it, I’d agree that would 100% be the way to set up.

I just think whenever we set up to contain/frustrate/sit back, it never works for us. Not since TP has it.