Genuine question
(01-29-2019, 10:57 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:53 AM)wba13 Wrote: But it takes cunt to know a cunt

And you would know this, how exactly?

I Looked in the mirror and what did I see it was your face looking back at me. So as the saying goes it takes one to know one . Only joking love this site the banter is brilliant .
(01-29-2019, 09:18 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Do some posters have so little in their lives that they have had to wait a week to get back on a message board to row with and abuse others. If I was banned for any reason from any social media platform, I would take a serious look at myself.

It's the way the world is now, sadly.
I don’t ever remember as a onlooker or participant this site in its various incarnations been particularly friendly. I recall it been rude, argumentative and cliquey. That’s the way messageboards are. I work for myself, I don’t waste time on Twitter or Facebook etc so this place is the equivalent of office gossip / tea break. I do play up to the argumentative xxxx persona I have on here because tbh people take football and their opinions way too seriously. Then get very precious when they are criticised but it’s ok to do it to players, managers, CEOs etc.
(01-29-2019, 11:03 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:40 AM)Cola Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 09:33 AM)Duffers Wrote: It’s always the same few sad cases.

Posting on football message boards is sad full stop. Let’s be honest.

Maybe, but getting yourself banned from that board for being a bit of a twat, then coming back under w different name, then getting yourself banned again and repeating the cycle ad infitium is a special kind of sad. Suggests that people really have nothing else in their lives and this is as close to human interaction as they can get.

Yes. Agreed
(01-29-2019, 01:39 PM)wba13 Wrote: I Looked in the mirror and what did I see it was your face looking back at me. So as the saying goes it takes one to know one . Only joking love this site the banter is brilliant .

Only one possible reason for that, you must be my doppelganger.
(01-29-2019, 01:48 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I don’t ever remember as a onlooker or participant this site in its various incarnations been particularly friendly. I recall it been rude, argumentative and cliquey. That’s the way messageboards are. I work for myself, I don’t waste time on Twitter or Facebook etc so this place is the equivalent of office gossip / tea break. I do play up to the argumentative xxxx persona I have on here becaple take football and their opinions way too seriously. Then get very precious when they are criticised but it’s ok to do it to players, managers, CEOs etc.
I have to agree, this site can be insulting, cliquey and rude. If I see any  thread go past 4 pages, I know someone's been banned!  It's also the best by a million miles.    I started lurking in the Sir Gary season of the unexpected promotion, then joined up. Nobody answered a post for about 12 months!   Being a thick skinned sort, I persevered.    Like Derek, I am self employed and don't do Twitter or Facebook. This means I often go days without speaking to anyone while at work. From this site I get all the Albion  info I need. It saves trying the Brum Mail (website is painful to view), Express and Star, (too Dingle), Sky Sports, (too Big Club). It's also dead handy for awayday watering holes, ticket news and post match histrionics. The dump has also reappeared just in time for the annual Feb 1st meltdown.
(01-29-2019, 11:26 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:39 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:26 AM)Duffers Wrote: Nick is apparently, amongst other things, a beekeeper, home brewer (even though he doesn’t drink), chilli grower, darts player, train enthusiast, football expert, lover of beautiful Italian women, is well travelled, well read and can run a marathon in under 3 hours.

He’s basically that kid from The Inbetweeners.

He's also a member of a senior management team, drives a top of the range Mercedes (C class), & lives in the Lye, or sometimes Bodmin.

With the greatest of respects to Birdie, Bodmin is a strange place to brag about, or could there be other reasons he claims to live/have lived there.

Bodmin is a fucking dump.
(01-29-2019, 07:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:26 AM)Duffers Wrote: Nick is apparently, amongst other things, a beekeeper, home brewer (even though he doesn’t drink), chilli grower, darts player, train enthusiast, football expert, lover of beautiful Italian women, is well travelled, well read and can run a marathon in under 3 hours.

He's also a member of a senior management team, drives a top of the range Mercedes (C class), & lives in the Lye, or sometimes Bodmin.

With the greatest of respects to Birdie, Bodmin is a strange place to brag about, or could there be other reasons he claims to live/have lived there.

Well that's settled that one then! 

Confused
(01-29-2019, 07:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I was being diplomatic mate  Big Grin