Scottish Parliament
Coalition collapses as Greens walk out. SNP looking weak and rudderless.

Looking good for Labour in the UK parliamentary elections.
(04-25-2024, 08:03 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Coalition collapses as Greens walk out. SNP looking weak and rudderless.

Looking good for Labour in the UK parliamentary elections.

I think this absolutely plays into Labour's hands, Proth. I think Humza will survive the no confidence vote, but this Scottish parliament will now limp along until the General Election. Can you see anything other than a Labour landslide across the UK including Scotland?
It’s scotch, ffs
Someone could have been killed
Labour is a Unionist party. So there will need to be a lot of people that voted SNP to change and throw the independence towel in.
I think towel has been thrown in having seen how bloody hopeless the SNP government has been.
(04-25-2024, 01:12 PM)man in the corner shop Wrote: Labour is a Unionist party. So there will need to be a lot of people that voted SNP to change and throw the independence towel in.

A lot will.  The SNP is finished.  Utter shambles of a party and a devolved power shitshow.

I thought the SNP had the right sort of progressive policies and an antidote to the leaden Westminster/Tory majority cabal.  But they are corrupt, incompetent and bloody authoritarian and hitched up with the deluded, stubborn minority Green zealots (how they behaved is also an eye-opener).  Loads of scotch pryks I know have had the scales fall from their eyes.
Speaking to Scottish colleagues at work, the SNP currently paying the price for pushing so hard for IndyRef and IndyRef2 that they forgot to do any actual governing. Which seems a shame on the face of it as a lot of their policies I find myself agreeing with.
(04-26-2024, 09:27 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Speaking to Scottish colleagues at work, the SNP currently paying the price for pushing so hard for IndyRef and IndyRef2 that they forgot to do any actual governing. Which seems a shame on the face of it as a lot of their policies I find myself agreeing with.

I'd have been attracted to them at the indie vote but having seen how utterly useless they are and letting the nutcases of the Greens govern with them, and how Leninist they are (in a bad way(!))  I'm bloody glad they lost.
(04-26-2024, 01:58 PM)Hudds1 Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 09:27 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Speaking to Scottish colleagues at work, the SNP currently paying the price for pushing so hard for IndyRef and IndyRef2 that they forgot to do any actual governing. Which seems a shame on the face of it as a lot of their policies I find myself agreeing with.

I'd have been attracted to them at the indie vote but having seen how utterly useless they are and letting the nutcases of the Greens govern with them, and how Leninist they are (in a bad way(!))  I'm bloody glad they lost.

My very political savvy Scot's friend in Glasgow could never bring himself to vote for the SNP explaining that it was not only authoritarian but utterly corrupt - even more so than the Labour cabal that ran Scotland for so long! He explicitly told me that it would end in recrimination and m'learned friends coming to the table in short order.  

He's no Mystic Meg but he said he didn't have to be. Only the quasi-English haters kept pretending that all was bright and beautiful in those sunny-lit uplands north of the Trossachs. Well it looks like all those kilts and Tam o' Shanters may have to go back in the wardrobe for a wee while until the Ochgean Stables are home and hosed.
(04-28-2024, 07:40 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 01:58 PM)Hudds1 Wrote:

My very political savvy Scot's friend in Glasgow could never bring himself to vote for the SNP explaining that it was not only authoritarian but utterly corrupt - even more so than the Labour cabal that ran Scotland for so long! He explicitly told me that it would end in recrimination and m'learned friends coming to the table in short order.  

He's no Mystic Meg but he said he didn't have to be. Only the quasi-English haters kept pretending that all was bright and beautiful in those sunny-lit uplands north of the Trossachs. Well it looks like all those kilts and Tam o' Shanters may have to go back in the wardrobe for a wee while until the Ochgean Stables are home and hosed.

Hoots! Helpmaboab!  See you, McLion pal - yer arse's oot the windae next!