Funny films
(04-16-2024, 08:04 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: Off the top of my head:

Spinal Tap
Bowfinger
Kingpin
Withnail and I
Best in Show

I don’t remember Best In Show being great all the way through but still have the bruises from the missus elbowing me in the ribs from guffawing so loudly whilst watching it on a flight with headphones. Might have been the bit when there is a Bassett hound is being announced and the guest commentator is talking about him wearing a deerstalker and smoking a pipe. Well, it was very funny at the time.

Another vote for Big Lebowski from me and will give my list due consideration…
Amazed not to see any mention of Blazing Saddles.

Add to that Drop Dead Fred, Team America: World Police, Airplane! and Borat to round off the 5.

Anchorman narrowly missing the cut.
(04-16-2024, 10:11 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Some great shouts in here tbf, will add pineapple express and superbad as well.

Good call. Wolf of Wall St too.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
Superbad
Dumb and Dumber
Happy Gilmore
The Waterboy
The Banshees of Inisherin (I highly recommend this - don't think many have heard of it)

(04-16-2024, 12:23 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Superbad
Dumb and Dumber
Happy Gilmore
The Waterboy
The Banshees of Inisherin (I highly recommend this - don't think many have heard of it)

Oh and a special shout out for Idiocracy!
Dumb and Dumber
Happy Gilmore
The Waterboy

Had this on my Sky watchlist for ages but not got round to watching it yet.
(04-16-2024, 12:30 PM)Duffers Wrote:
Dumb and Dumber
Happy Gilmore
The Waterboy

It's absolutely brilliant, Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Give it a watch if you get chance.
Step brothers
In the form of his life.
(04-16-2024, 12:36 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 12:30 PM)Duffers Wrote:
Dumb and Dumber
Happy Gilmore
The Waterboy

It's absolutely brilliant, Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Give it a watch if you get chance.

It’s absolute shite and mentioned it before.  Fido later posted about it being shite too.   

Great acting, especially by the young bloke and the woman who plays Colin Farell’s sister. 

But it’s a very dull film and I certainly wouldn’t class it as a funny film either.
I told you I’ll be back
(04-16-2024, 12:39 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Step brothers

A lot of the "Frat Pack" Will Ferrell/Ben Stiller/Wilson brothers/Vince Vaughan/etc films from that era are good.

Anchorman is the obvious standout, but Old School, Dodgeball, Zoolander, Starsky & Hutch are all good too.
Yeah, old school is particularly funny. On paper they look awful, but they are damn funny.
In the form of his life.