Current earworm.
(04-05-2024, 03:51 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Further actually, I just went into my discogs.com and it came out in 1997!!!!

The 2008 was re-release!

Discogs is a great way of cataloguing your music.

You can buy and sell on there too. 

Who would have known that my Fat Boy slim Promo was worth 29p.
(04-06-2024, 07:21 AM)man in the corner shop Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 03:51 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Further actually, I just went into my discogs.com and it came out in 1997!!!!

The 2008 was re-release!

Discogs is a great way of cataloguing your music.

You can buy and sell on there too. 

Who would have known that my Fat Boy slim Promo was worth 29p.

Big Grin

Equally as disappointing to find my rare 1971 The Guess Who is worth 40p! Big Grin

I suppose it shows actual hard copies have no worth only the sentimental value to the owner.
First pressings, condition, volume sold all make a massive difference. Also, finding a buyer for more expensive vinyl is difficult. It’s only worth what people are will to pay. Discogs prices are generally overinflated.
In the form of his life.
(04-05-2024, 09:27 PM)man in the corner shop Wrote: I played some Bunnymen earlier and Mrs thought it was U2. Hadnt really thought they were soundalikes. Maybe thats behind the then anymosity.
All those you listed had good tunes.

U2 try to sound like everyone that is original, except nowhere near as good.
(04-06-2024, 08:37 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: First pressings, condition, volume sold all make a massive difference. Also, finding a buyer for more expensive vinyl is difficult. It’s only worth what people are will to pay. Discogs prices are generally overinflated.

And as the fans pass away, demand will die with them and as such, prices will be worth even less
The theme from Waffle The Dog, what happens when your 14 month grandson lives with you!
(04-06-2024, 08:39 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 09:27 PM)man in the corner shop Wrote: I played some Bunnymen earlier and Mrs thought it was U2. Hadnt really thought they were soundalikes. Maybe thats behind the then anymosity.
All those you listed had good tunes.

U2 try to sound like everyone that is original, except nowhere near as good.

Red Hill Mining Town is a belter. It's the only U2 song that I've put on a playlist.
(04-05-2024, 03:37 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: The original.... Not the one someone has highjacked on the socials and has suddenly come back mainstream (Radio 2) that I heard from someone called Campbell recently.

I suspect Sonny & Cher would claim their 60s version had been hijacked
The voice in the hotel's lift, can't get it out of my head. Female, Arabic / Russian cross...
Floor 4... Doors opening.... Doors closing... Doesn't work in words, but once heard it's stuck there...
(04-06-2024, 05:05 PM)MrBater Wrote: The voice in the hotel's lift, can't get it out of my head. Female, Arabic / Russian cross...
Floor 4... Doors opening.... Doors closing... Doesn't work in words, but once heard it's stuck there...

Few more of those fruity wines and you will forget everything