Zipwire Across the Hawthorns
(04-04-2024, 01:32 PM)1952 Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 12:30 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 12:02 PM)1952 Wrote: Just booked it, anyone doing it?

Nope. I might want a small memorial in the garden when my time is up, but i don't fancy dying at the shrine tbh. Not yet anyway. Big Grin

Hardly anyone dies, anyway I'm doing Sunday afternoon so hopefully tried and tested first.

The thing itself would be fine, but the dicky ticker wouldn't. Big Grin
(04-04-2024, 04:22 PM)Tom of the Brom Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 03:18 PM)Peachy Wrote: Let me know if there's one at Seal park or the custard bowl. I'll have a couple of vindaloo's pre launch and drop my guts halfway across......

With there luck a sudden change of wind with probably blow it back all over you   Big Grin

Arf. Ay that the truth......
(04-04-2024, 03:18 PM)Peachy Wrote: Let me know if there's one at Seal park or the custard bowl. I'll have a couple of vindaloo's pre launch and drop my guts halfway across......

If I had the wings of a sparrow
If I had the arse of a crow.

Anyone else remember this chant?  I can remember the next two lines. Just thought I’d see who else remembers
(04-04-2024, 04:29 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 01:32 PM)1952 Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 12:30 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 12:02 PM)1952 Wrote: Just booked it, anyone doing it?

Nope. I might want a small memorial in the garden when my time is up, but i don't fancy dying at the shrine tbh. Not yet anyway. Big Grin

Hardly anyone dies, anyway I'm doing Sunday afternoon so hopefully tried and tested first.

The thing itself would be fine, but the dicky ticker wouldn't. Big Grin

I hope your ticker is doing OK now.
(04-04-2024, 05:55 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Anyone else remember this chant?  I can remember the next two lines. Just thought I’d see who else remembers

It's wings of an eagle.

Last 2 lines:
I'd fly all over the Holte End
and shit on the bastards below.
It's a wonderful promotion from the Albion Foundation, something fun and exciting to generate some cash for it.

I suppose what they didn't properly think through or realise is you'd need to be very fit and healthy (something we're not very good at in the Black Country), and slightly unhinged (something we excel at in the Black Country).
(04-04-2024, 10:33 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: It's a wonderful promotion from the Albion Foundation, something fun and exciting to generate some cash for it.

I suppose what they didn't properly think through or realise is you'd need to be very fit and healthy (something we're not very good at in the Black Country), and slightly unhinged (something we excel at in the Black Country).

Must agree, I'm more unhinged than fit, even though with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and acid reflux my Dr says I should be fine.
It's also on my 70's bucket list, parachute jump after that.
(04-04-2024, 06:42 PM)Everything Zin Wrote:

It's wings of an eagle.

Last 2 lines:

Just found this online

If I had the wings of a sparrow,
if I had the a*se of a crow,
I'd fly over Tottenham tomorrow,
And sh*t on them bast*rds below...

And this one 

And the dirty great a*se of a crow,
I would fly over Norwich tomorrow,
And sh*t on the b*stards below, below ...

And another 

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, "Noto Sans", sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]If I had the wings of a sparrow,[/font]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, "Noto Sans", sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]if I had the @@@ of a crow,[/font]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, "Noto Sans", sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]I'd fly over Old Trafford tomorrow,[/font]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, "Noto Sans", sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]and s@@t on the b@@@@ds below.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, "Noto Sans", sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]So it must have been sparrow and not eagle that we also sang.[/font]

It's wings of an eagle.

Last 2 lines:

If I had the wings of an eagle,
The arse of a dirty great crow,
I'd fly over Aston Villa,

Shit on the Villa......................
(04-05-2024, 03:10 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

It's wings of an eagle.

Last 2 lines:

Just found this online

if I had the a*se of a crow,
I'd fly over Tottenham tomorrow,
And sh*t on them bast*rds below...

And this one 

And the dirty great a*se of a crow,
I would fly over Norwich tomorrow,
And sh*t on the b*stards below, below ...

So it must have been sparrow and not eagle that we also sang

Not necessarily, other lyrics are readily available:-

Burnley

If I had the wings of an eagle,
The dirty black arse of a crow,
I'd fly over Ewood tomorrow,
And s*it on the b*stards below...

https://www.fanchants.com/football-songs...ngs-eagle/

Leicester.

If I had the wings of an eagle
If I had the arse of a crow
I'd fly over Nottingham Forest
And shit on the b*stards below, BELOW!
S*it on, s*it on, s*it on the b*stards below, below!
S*it on, s*it on...

https://www.fanchants.com/es/football-so...-an-eagle/

Besides which, anyone singing sparrow must be a bit thick, because even a very basic knowledge of aeronautics tells you that the wings of a sparrow couldn't possibly fly anywhere carrying the arse of a dirty great Crow.      Rolleyes