42 years today
We lost to qpr in the fa cup semi final at Highbury
Tony pulis is a wanker 
(04-03-2024, 02:09 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: We lost to qpr in the fa cup semi final at Highbury

What a disappointing day that was.

As soon as Bob Hazell flattened Andy King, our game was over.
My Dad is still seething. He's goes red as a beetroot if he sees or hears Clive Allen.
(04-03-2024, 03:53 PM)MrFizz Wrote: My Dad is still seething. He's goes red as a beetroot if he sees or hears Clive Allen.

He knew fuck all about that goal.
Clive Allen went to the 67 league cup final - he was destined to haunt us.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/new...1288886895
Also, it's 19 years to the day since we beat Everton 1-0 at home on the Great Escape season. Where has the time gone?
On returning home from the match, my mother asked me if I cried when we lost.

"Cried"? I thought, why the fuck would I cry.

We'd won the Cup 14 years previous, won the League Cup 16 years previous and had recently been in a raft of other Cup finals, semis and a UEFA Cup quarter final.

It was pretty obvious to me at the time that we'd soon get to another Cup final and most likely win something.
You were more optimistic than me. Maybe after the semi final defeat in 78, there was a case that we'd be back. But in 82 I left the game thinking that was it, we had blown our chances for a very long time.
I left school the day before

Shoot me now
Tony pulis is a wanker 
It was the third losing semi I had been to, optimism was certainly waning that I would ever see us lift the cup again.