Your favourite Indian restaurant in the West Mids
I don't frequent enough restaurants to comment on who's the best.
I have used hundreds over the years, but very few over the last 10 years.
My favourite of late is the Spice Fusion between SoS and Ombersley.
I can say in all honesty the balti belt in Lye IMO was absolutely carp. They're all great for the first month of opening, then the chef is changed for the owners nephew.
Opheem by a distance for me, you definitely get what you pay for

Indiluxe down tbe road from me is fantastic (Stourbridge) recently voted in the top 50 in the Uk, owner is great and food top notch, takeaways equally as good which often isn’t the case

Always need to book at weekends but if you’re close by and have never tried it give it a go

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(03-31-2024, 09:41 AM)TR 675 Wrote: I suppose it depends on the definition of an "Indian" restaurant. Taking Indian cooking to another level my favourite must be Opheem but with two Michellin stars it's invariably going to pricey and only for one off special occasions.
Quite like Dishoom as its a bit different from the slop houses, even though it's a chain as it's one of the few that sell Gujurati samosas and their biryani seems to be more Parsi inspired.

Dishoom is good for the Indian twists to breakfast and their small plates are ok.  

Just a bit lacking in mains and defo too salty. Dear do for what it is
(03-30-2024, 08:30 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Shaban in Boldmere. Food is superb and the staff are very friendly.

Used the Shaban a couple of times on recommendation a while back. I can only imagine the wife's mates don't like us very much. Gave them the benefit of the doubt hence the second visit but we haven't been back since and have no plans to do so. Same goes for Mother India.
(03-31-2024, 09:20 AM)MrBater Wrote: Golden Moments in Walsall used to be cracking, but haven't been there for a while

Doesn’t sound like a curry house to me pal….
(03-31-2024, 02:36 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 09:20 AM)MrBater Wrote: Golden Moments in Walsall used to be cracking, but haven't been there for a while

Someone could have been killed

I’ve not lived in Walsall for 20 years but Golden Moments was by far the best Indian restaurant in the area back then. I drive past occasionally and it’s still there. If it’s as good as it used to be it’s well worth a visit.

Do you get a happy ending at golden moments?
Has it been reviewed by FF?
Indian Café Racer at the back of the Duke of Wellington pub in Bristol St in central brim is superb

https://www.indiancaferacer.com/
Basmati - average, never understood the hype tbh
Golden Moments - used to be good not been in for a while
Red Lion - a decent Desi-pub
Island Inn -a decent Desi-pub
Balti Palace in Wednesbury used to be good