Your favourite Indian restaurant in the West Mids
I suppose it depends on the definition of an "Indian" restaurant. Taking Indian cooking to another level my favourite must be Opheem but with two Michellin stars it's invariably going to pricey and only for one off special occasions.
Quite like Dishoom as its a bit different from the slop houses, even though it's a chain as it's one of the few that sell Gujurati samosas and their biryani seems to be more Parsi inspired.
(03-31-2024, 09:37 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 09:26 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 09:05 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 08:24 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 08:00 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Bollocks .. and you know it. Unless it's changed over the last decade or so ... the last time I was taken there!  Big Grin

Is it the same chain as Rajdoot Manc. If it is - it’s fugging gash

I believe it is. Pindgill has a very narrow selection of restaurants he frequents .. the list comprises of 2 I believe.

As a Asian rsbaggie what do you like or recommend.?

Unpretentious and consistently good food .. Haweli has always been that even through a change of ownership. It helps that the owners past and present are very amenable. Dishoom is another favourite.
For pub food there's the Royal Oak .. though beer prices on matchdays are a disgrace. The Island is very good too.

Yes the food in the Royal Oak is nice same bloke ownes the four ways in Rowley
Tony pulis is a wanker 
Shapla on Gravelly Lane is our current go to. Consistently good quality food at very reasonable prices and the staff are sound. Unlicensed so take your tots of choice.
I don't care what you call it, and I'm fully aware it's not authentic, but curry is my favourite takeaway/restaurants.

I watched a Gordan Ramsay programme where he visited India and learned how to make various dishes that are common over here. Unsurprisingly they're nothing like what we see in your typical Indian restaurant. A really good watch, I can't recall what it was called, however.
(03-31-2024, 10:08 AM)SuperBob2002 Wrote: I don't care what you call it, and I'm fully aware it's not authentic, but curry is my favourite takeaway/restaurants.

I watched a Gordan Ramsay programme where he visited India and learned how to make various dishes that are common over here. Unsurprisingly they're nothing like what we see in your typical Indian restaurant. A really good watch, I can't recall what it was called, however.

Gordon's Great Escape.
(03-31-2024, 10:18 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 10:08 AM)SuperBob2002 Wrote: I don't care what you call it, and I'm fully aware it's not authentic, but curry is my favourite takeaway/restaurants.

Gordon's Great Escape.

I think it was called, I am a big-headed twat.
A follow up to his other series I told everyone I played for Rangers and got found out.
Don't eat out at Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants very often and, if I do, I don't travel far i.e. normally remain in south Staffs, but met up with some friends down in Solihull a couple of weeks ago and we had a meal at Spice Club and it was the best one I've had in a very long time.
(03-31-2024, 09:41 AM)TR 675 Wrote: I suppose it depends on the definition of an "Indian" restaurant. Taking Indian cooking to another level my favourite must be Opheem but with two Michellin stars it's invariably going to pricey and only for one off special occasions.
Quite like Dishoom as its a bit different from the slop houses, even though it's a chain as it's one of the few that sell Gujurati samosas and their biryani seems to be more Parsi inspired.

We won a £50 voucher for there so looking forward to trying it!
(03-31-2024, 09:41 AM)TR 675 Wrote: I suppose it depends on the definition of an "Indian" restaurant. Taking Indian cooking to another level my favourite must be Opheem but with two Michellin stars it's invariably going to pricey and only for one off special occasions.

How you can box Indian cuisine into a “Michelin’ format in inconceivable to me Indian food is at its best with a number of dishes and you mix and match to your taste!!..
(03-31-2024, 10:45 AM)baggpuss Wrote:

We won a £50 voucher for there so looking forward to trying it!

Thats one of your starters covered then