Match Fred - Albion vs Brizzle City
(03-17-2024, 08:42 AM)boingingjim Wrote: From what I saw, Palmer goes to take free kick in injury time some moron yells at him to hurry up and get it in there (like we were pushing for an equaliser!). Palmer tells him to shut up. Moron bites back. Escalates with a bit of verbal.

Palmer was completely right. Moron was in the wrong.

Thassit. Told him to shut the fuck up and asked if we was a real fan. Quite right as well.
Someone could have been killed
(03-17-2024, 08:42 AM)boingingjim Wrote: From what I saw, Palmer goes to take free kick in injury time some moron yells at him to hurry up and get it in there (like we were pushing for an equaliser!). Palmer tells him to shut up. Moron bites back. Escalates with a bit of verbal.

So a goalkeeper was being a bit slow in injury time to guarantee a win and gets abuse from his own fan. I honestly give up with some of our fans.

Some fans are absolute cretins. I've actually no issue with fans shouting at players (within reason and as long as it doesn't boil over to personal or discriminatory abuse), but what brain dead idiot is sat watching his team 2-0 and wanting the ball to be hoofed forward aimlessly? Prick.
(03-17-2024, 08:46 AM)Peachy Wrote:

So a goalkeeper was being a bit slow in injury time to guarantee a win and gets abuse from his own fan. I honestly give up with some of our fans.

Probably had 3-1 on his Acca.
(03-17-2024, 08:44 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:

Thassit. Told him to shut the fuck up and asked if we was a real fan. Quite right as well.

Good on Palmer.
Agree the fan is a knob ... however Palmer should not have got involved. As well paid professionals, footballers will take stick from both sets of fans during their career. In this case Palmer should have let it go over his head. We don't need any more bad publicity ... and give rise to a situation that could have escalated.
(03-17-2024, 01:02 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 10:47 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Just seen Manning’s FT comments and he’s deluded… claiming they were better than us, and blaming the whole thing on the ref. Not sure what he watched today!

[Image: yzA2xBG.png]

Diangana is apparently "clearly offside" here according to Manning. He might want to take that up with his number 26 Zak Vyner.
Offside or not how can you penalise a player for being in an offside position when he was pushed there by there player. For very fair goal and Manning is a deluded twat. Angry

(03-17-2024, 09:01 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Agree the fan is a knob ... however Palmer should not have got involved. As well paid professionals, footballers will take stick from both sets of fans during their career. In this case Palmer should have let it go over his head. We don't need any more bad publicity ... and give rise to a situation that could have escalated.

Oh for fucks sake Palmer has every right to have a go back, there not there to take abuse especially from there own fan's well done Alex.
(03-17-2024, 09:13 AM)wba13 Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 01:02 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 10:47 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Just seen Manning’s FT comments and he’s deluded… claiming they were better than us, and blaming the whole thing on the ref. Not sure what he watched today!

[Image: yzA2xBG.png]

Diangana is apparently "clearly offside" here according to Manning. He might want to take that up with his number 26 Zak Vyner.
Offside or not how can you penalise a player for being in an offside position when he was pushed there by there player. For very fair goal and Manning is a deluded twat. Angry

(03-17-2024, 09:01 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Agree the fan is a knob ... however Palmer should not have got involved. As well paid professionals, footballers will take stick from both sets of fans during their career. In this case Palmer should have let it go over his head. We don't need any more bad publicity ... and give rise to a situation that could have escalated.

Oh for fucks sake Palmer has every right to have a go back, there not there to take abuse especially from there own fan's well done Alex.
If you think it's OK to potentially create a situation that could have turned nasty due to one idiot then fine. It was not personal abuse it seems. I'll agree to disagree.
You have every right to defend yourself, would you sit back and watch if it was happening to any of your family.
I certainly wouldn’t and from what I have heard this so called Albion fan is always shouting abuse.
Not everything turns nasty,
(03-17-2024, 09:51 AM)wba13 Wrote: You have every right to defend yourself, would you sit back and watch if it was happening to any of your family.
I certainly wouldn’t and from what I have heard this so called Albion fan is always shouting abuse.
Not everything turns nasty,

No, I would defend my family. However, from what has been reported here there was no personal abuse.