So who wants a tax (insert own interpretation here)?
(03-04-2024, 10:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 10:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What would you cut from government support? 

I'd ask those that can afford it to take responsibility for their own health and social care needs for a start, and incentivise them to do so.

Part of this would be asking a fundamental question of what we do with all the wealth tied up in property. Which of course, means it'll never happen.

You joined a party that offers its core voters the promise it will look after their vested interests.  I think you may have misunderstood what and who the Tory Party are for.
(03-04-2024, 11:07 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 10:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What would you cut from government support? 

I'd ask those that can afford it to take responsibility for their own health and social care needs for a start, and incentivise them to do so.

Part of this would be asking a fundamental question of what we do with all the wealth tied up in property. Which of course, means it'll never happen.

You joined a party that offers its core voters the promise it will look after their vested interests.  I think you may have misunderstood what and who the Tory Party are for.

The party I joined is very different from the party it has become.
(03-04-2024, 11:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 11:07 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

The party I joined is very different from the party it has become.

The party has always been about looking after rich land owners, gentry and the privileged. The fact it attracted people from working class areas to believe they were somehow part of a party that was about entrepreneurship and fairness of opportunity is still a masterstroke in misdirection. Does anyone really think Mogg, or Johnson giving a flying feck about anyone but those they consider their peers?
The greatest rise in living standards and the largest extension of opportunities since the war for pretty much everyone in the UK was a masterstroke in misdirection. OK. Well I fell for it when joined the party 35 years ago.
(03-04-2024, 01:59 PM)Protheroe Wrote: The greatest rise in living standards and the largest extension of opportunities since the war for pretty much everyone in the UK was a masterstroke in misdirection. OK. Well I fell for it when joined the party 35 years ago.

Yes dear, you keep telling yourself that they stand for fairness of opportunity… they love a useful knocker.
(03-04-2024, 02:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 01:59 PM)Protheroe Wrote: The greatest rise in living standards and the largest extension of opportunities since the war for pretty much everyone in the UK was a masterstroke in misdirection. OK. Well I fell for it when joined the party 35 years ago.

Yes dear, you keep telling yourself that they stand for fairness of opportunity… they love a useful knocker.

Conveniently missing the point. And the point that I've not been in the party for 4 years.

Don't lecture me about "fairness of opportunity" when you were happy to have us all locked up in our homes for months on end.