Poll: Shan/Neil
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shan
48.21%
27 48.21%
Neil
51.79%
29 51.79%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Shan or Neil
Well so far it's a dead heat. (well it was when I started writing this) 

Shows what a difficult decision the board have to make.

They're well paid to do that of course but a fat salary doesn't make the process any easier.

I would prefer a third option. 

Sam Allardyce would set us up tactically for the playoffs. If he were in charge I'd have no qualms about facing the Vile.

His football although pragmatic is no where near Pulisball. 
He was castigated at West Ham and Everton for his playing style but their expectations are much higher than ours atm.
When not doing a firefighting job, his teams have played reasonably attractive football.

Other options would take time to bed in. We don't have that luxury.

For me it's either keep Shan (possibly with a more experienced man alongside, but who'd make the final decisions?) or Sam (assuming he'd come).
Shan until he loses again, then sack him and board 

Yours 

Hopalong
Neil seems to know how to overachieve with no pressure, but when there’s pressure I’m not sure he can perform (Norwich were clear of the drop until the run in, messed up their summer business to return, and PNE’s form collapsed when they got near the playoffs)

Jokanovic is ahead of Neil for me because he’s delivered promotion and Fulham and Watford under the expectation to do so, and as won titles abroad, so has shown an ability to get results when they’re expected.

At present I’m leaning towards Shan + someone experienced and review after the playoffs, as I’d want neither Neil nor Jokanovic should we get promoted... there’s better out there than Neil for a PL side, and Jokanovic has to take some blame for Fulham’s season and the Pozzos (who tend to not get much wrong when it comes to football) weren’t entirely confident he was the man to keep them up after winning promotion.

(04-13-2019, 05:41 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Shan until he loses again, then sack him and board 

Yours 

Hopalong

Big Grin Big Grin
How long til he pops up telling us we’ll shit the Villa
Neither of them!
Neither, bit controversial but I think Nigel Pearson. Strong character, takes no nonsense, did a great job when caretaker here before, and basically his Leicester side that won the league.
(04-13-2019, 07:35 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Hard to know. Neil may turn it down yet. He is probably preferable to Shan in terms of experience.
I don't get the anti foreign manager thing though - thought we'd moved on from that nonsense. And isn't Neil Scotch?

There isn’t any anti-foreign manager thing, the point was some fans may / do judge managers as preferable simply because they are not from the UK. 

Examples on here previously have included Bob Martins or Roberto Martinez etc.
(04-13-2019, 07:56 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 07:35 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Hard to know. Neil may turn it down yet. He is probably preferable to Shan in terms of experience.
I don't get the anti foreign manager thing though - thought we'd moved on from that nonsense. And isn't Neil Scotch?

There isn’t any anti-foreign manager thing, the point was some fans may / do judge managers as preferable simply because they are not from the UK. 

Examples on here previously have included Bob Martins or Roberto Martinez etc.
 I think fans just want who they think is best regardless of where they come from without prejudice

I think fans are a myriad of people whose opinions differ, sometimes with prejudice sometimes without.
Looks like it will be Neil. Will get my backing. Fingers crossed he can take us up via the Playoffs
(04-13-2019, 07:43 PM)thailandbaggie Wrote: Neither, bit controversial but I think Nigel Pearson. Strong character, takes no nonsense, did a great job when caretaker here before, and basically his Leicester side that won the league.

Surely this is either a wind-up or you made money out of the prostitutes his Leicester team rogered on a tour out there and need some more cash?

Pearson is genuinely mental.
Shan working with Neil could work.both young and ambitious