Today
Really satisfying win against a team who have given us issues recently. BR passed it reasonably enough but were dreadful at the back.  At the same time we were at our best attacking and weren’t overly secure ourselves - esp between the 3rd and 4th goals.  Marks

Palmer. 7.5. Good handling and excellent save. Slightly over deliberate with a few kicks but distribution was good

DF. 7.5. Much improved under CC. Solid defensively and made lots of good runs for Fellows.  Assist for 4th I think. 

Townsend. 7.  Solid defensively and linked well with Reach. Put a few good crosses in 

Kipre 7. Not quite as convincing as normal and needless booking.  Solid enough and should of scored with a volley

Bart’s 7. Physical and good assist for first.  Got caught by a few runners and mistake 2nd half that nearly let Gallagher in

Okay. 7.5.  Outstanding first 30 but dropped off a little after that. Understandable sub as ran out of gas early 2nd half

Mowatt. 7.  Used the ball well and good strike for 3rd. Caught in possession a few times one of which nearly cost us a goal

Reach. 7. Solid and dependable- good end product 1st half. Too conservative when we needed an outball at start of 2nd.  

Fellows. 8. Really good first half and our main outlet.  Good goal and should have bagged 2nd.  Could have played DF in a few times. 

Swift. 7.  Good contribution and some decent final balls.  Little bit wasteful at times but important to us as a 10

BTA 8.5. Possibly his best game for us.  Great strikes and nearly a treble.  Spun the centre half a few times and outstanding link up play 1st half 

Chalobah 7.5. Plenty of energy and sharp on and off ball.  Looked good in advanced role and did ok in a 2 despite a knock

Pipa 7 missed a tackle for their goal and not great cover for CT.  Did well going forward and should have bagged. 

Jed. 7. Heartening to see him get a runout at full pace.  Some good crosses and workrate excellent

Taylor 7. Not overly convincing on ball but sat in well and we looked solid enough last 20

Dike. 6.5.  Rusty and should have bagged but a good runout and put himself about.  Won some key headers and pressed aggressively
All fair maybe Daryl a bit higher.

Could easily have been 6 or 7 another day and that wouldn’t have been outrageous as a reflection
Someone could have been killed
(01-13-2024, 09:09 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: All fair maybe Daryl a bit higher.

Could easily have been 6 or 7 another day and that wouldn’t have been outrageous as a reflection

It should have been about 6-2.  I thought they would be better and harder to break down tbf
(01-13-2024, 09:15 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 09:09 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: All fair maybe Daryl a bit higher.

It should have been about 6-2.  I thought they would be better and harder to break down tbf

They played like they couldn't be arsed, spoke to a Blackburn fan after the game and he said he thought their manager had lost the dressing room a while ago.
Don't disagree much with those marks. As for Blackburn, I thought they went toe to toe with us at the off and it ran them out of steam. It started at a killer pace from both sides but we punished everything and they couldn't keep up. Some truly good individual Albion performances but it was the teamwork that really impressed. Reach/Townsend. Darnell/Fellows. Mowatt/Okay. Like a well oiled engine, all component parts were fluent. We got a little sloppy immediately after the 1st subs but hitting right back after their goal killed them off.
Ref watch. I've not seen any replays yet but I thought there was an inconsistency with the yellow cards. Our two booking looked harsh and were much to do with the opposition players rolling around as if poleaxed. To then not give a card to, for example, when Chalobah was wrestled to the floor on a clear breakaway was ridiculous. Luckily we put the game out of sight and it didn't matter.
(01-13-2024, 10:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Don't disagree much with those marks. As for Blackburn, I thought they went toe to toe with us at the off and it ran them out of steam. It started at a killer pace from both sides but we punished everything and they couldn't keep up. Some truly good individual Albion performances but it was the teamwork that really impressed.  Reach/Townsend.  Darnell/Fellows.  Mowatt/Okay. Like a well oiled engine, all component parts were fluent. We got a little sloppy immediately after the 1st subs but  hitting right back after their goal killed them off.
Ref watch. I've not seen any replays yet but I thought there was an inconsistency with the yellow cards. Our two booking looked harsh and were much to do with the opposition players rolling around as if poleaxed. To then not give a card to, for example, when Chalobah was wrestled to the floor on a clear breakaway was ridiculous. Luckily we put the game out of sight and it didn't matter.

I thought the ref was steady enough overall but ridiculous inconsistency with the bookings. Chal got hit twice but no bookings. BR not short of shithousery either