UK and US to bomb Yemen tonight
When everyone hears "Houthis" do they see Jawa's from Star Wars? Just me?
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
I see the Yemenis are indulging in the usual flag burning and death to America / Israel / Britain pantomime today. The Middle East really is the armpit of the universe, what on Earth did they expect? You can't attack the developed world's commercial shipping and not expect a response. Even in-bred mountain guerillas like the Houthis know that.
I see that bastion of the free world Israel busy running over a civilian they shot in the West Bank just to be on the safe side.

Everyone has their perspective on why they do what they do in the world. Gorilla, Brit or Jew
Someone could have been killed
(01-12-2024, 03:56 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Everyone has their perspective on why they do what they do in the world. 

If I was a Yemeni I might concentrate a little bit more on sorting out my own problems - as one of the poorest countries in the world, with unemployment over 80% and no functioning government for many years - rather than, say indulging in the more violent side of international realpolitik. Maybe that's just me.
(01-12-2024, 04:25 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 03:56 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Everyone has their perspective on why they do what they do in the world. 

If I was a Yemeni I might concentrate a little bit more on sorting out my own problems - as one of the poorest countries in the world, with unemployment over 80% and no functioning government for many years - rather than, say indulging in the more violent side of international realpolitik. Maybe that's just me.

They are actively going out and procuring fuel for their fellow citizens. What more do you want, FFS sake?
(01-12-2024, 04:31 PM)Fido Wrote:

They are actively going out and procuring fuel for their fellow citizens. What more do you want, FFS sake?

That was the Iranians, not the Houthis. It's important to get your pariah state nomenclature correct otherwise you might end up bombing the wrong Islamofascist.
USA are doing everything but bomb Iran directly, IMO.
(01-12-2024, 04:45 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: USA are doing everything but bomb Iran directly, IMO.

Never fear. Don will win the next election.
(01-12-2024, 04:44 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 04:31 PM)Fido Wrote:

That was the Iranians, not the Houthis. It's important to get your pariah state nomenclature correct otherwise you might end up bombing the wrong Islamofascist.

Houthis are known as "Ansar Allah" or the "Party of God", apparently. Speaking of naming conventions it does seem to be quite an easy way to get fuggers to lose their shit in some parts of the world.
(01-12-2024, 04:48 PM)Fido Wrote: Houthis are known as "Ansar Allah" or the "Party of God", apparently. Speaking of naming conventions it does seem to be quite an easy way to get fuggers to lose their shit in some parts of the world.

Just try misgendering them...