All this talk of us staying in chump
Will be a disaster if we continue to lose games like this, our fan base has already begun to diminish the atmosphere is hateful at home I am dreading saturday.

Should we have played well and narrowly missed out on going up would be different but this is awful, overated players who only played decent when Moore took over, then got us relegated next they get him sacked!

How many managers have this squad seen off? Cant always be the manager can it? 

No decent recruitment in the summer for us only to replace has beens with more has beens.

We replace Rondon with Gayle? That sums it up, no offence to Gayle but a premier league striker for a championship striker.

Our only decent signing was Barnes who was not replaced.

To me very simple..... our recruitment is shocking. We have needed an attacking midfielder for years, yet we bought in no one.
(04-09-2019, 07:50 PM)coxy134 Wrote: Will be a disaster if we continue to lose games like this, our fan base has already begun to diminish the atmosphere is hateful at home I am dreading saturday.

Should we have played well and narrowly missed out on going up would be different but this is awful, overated players who only played decent when Moore took over, then got us relegated next they get him sacked!

No decent recruitment in the summer for us only to replace has beens with more has beens.

We replace Rondon with Gayle? That sums it up, no offence to Gayle but a premier league striker for a championship striker.

To me very simple..... our recruitment is shocking. We have needed an attacking midfielder for years, yet we bought in no one.

Rondon is a non-scoring striker and Gayle is a goalscoring striker. Pretty clear to me.
(04-09-2019, 07:58 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 07:50 PM)coxy134 Wrote: Will be a disaster if we continue to lose games like this, our fan base has already begun to diminish the atmosphere is hateful at home I am dreading saturday.

Rondon is a non-scoring striker and Gayle is a goalscoring striker. Pretty clear to me.

Which league? They statistics were pretty much the same before they swopped however who is thought more of in the premier league now? Rondon.

I think Rondon scores more goals at premiership level.
(04-09-2019, 08:02 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

I think Rondon scores more goals at premiership level.

Exactly....
well, we certainly won't be going up this season - and more likely to finish 7th than even 6th. It's a bit like as one Norwich fan put it, they want the money of the premier league for a couple of seasons but would rather win the championship and then stay in it! It's competitive each week, bigger clubs generally, better atmosphere at grounds and not the depressing season that follows in the pre struggling along scoring hardly ever and having little chance of any relative success.
(04-09-2019, 08:03 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: well, we certainly won't be going up this season - and more likely to finish 7th than even 6th. It's a bit like as one Norwich fan put it, they want the money of the premier league for a couple of seasons but would rather win the championship and then stay in it! It's competitive each week, bigger clubs generally, better atmosphere at grounds and not the depressing season that follows in the pre struggling along scoring hardly ever and having little chance of any relative success.

In order to bring in decent young players, or keep decent players the club HAS to have ambition and that ambition is getting into premier league and succeed.

Our squad and our club has none, they know they aint good enough and have no desire to go up and they have no desire to move on from our club or even use us as a stepping stone to better things. Pulis alluded to as much a few seasons ago.