7th - 12th
38 48.10%

13th - 18th
16 20.25%

19th - 21st
0 0%

Relegated
0 0%
I think Carlos is recalling from when Bruce was here, when a lot of us did fear the worst.
(11-29-2023, 02:47 PM)NewWanker Wrote: I think Carlos is recalling from when Bruce was here, when a lot of us did fear the worst.

I would have had as certs for relegation under spud yed.

With Pardew as the worst managers in my lifetime.
Wed have stayed up under Bruce, but largely because I think the senior players might have taken it on themselves to play their way.
(11-29-2023, 06:47 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Wed have stayed up under Bruce, but largely because I think the senior players might have taken it on themselves to play their way.

We were sinking like a stone with confidence rock bottom, a keeper that couldn't catch cold, goal shy and nothing in midfield. I really am not sure we would have stayed up. Agree with Manc, Bruce and Barmy Bobby are as bad as it gets, (although I witnessed Saunders and he is in a league of his own).
(11-29-2023, 06:57 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 06:47 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Wed have stayed up under Bruce, but largely because I think the senior players might have taken it on themselves to play their way.

We were sinking like a stone with confidence rock bottom, a keeper that couldn't catch cold, goal shy and nothing in midfield. I really am not sure we would have stayed up. Agree with Manc, Bruce and Barmy Bobby are as bad as it gets, (although I witnessed Saunders and he is in a league of his own).

Saunders : Wouldn't play Crooks or Varadi (It took a fans petition to get him to pick Crooks), got rid of you know who and replaced them with Williamson and Evans. Williamson was ok I suppose , but nowhere as good as those Saunders let go.
Aye. I reckon Goodman was Crooks replacement - rather than Bullys. Evans and Williamson were signed the summer before Bully went.  

Saunders was very poor but he had a major cost cutting brief and a mediocre side.  SB had a much better squad than Saunders - as we are seeing now
Aye, true. What Bruce 'achieved' was shocking. He took us from 5th to 10th in a heartbeat, the previous season too.