Internet connectivity
Thumbs Down 
Hi guys, is there anyone who can offer any suggestions please. I'm just about at the end of my tether. 
Yesterday I lost connection between my sky q box and the hub, and Internet connection between my smart TV and the hub. 
The TV is connected to the  hub but there is an IP set up issue. I know what IP addresses look like but not it should be and if it applies to the TV or hub. 
I've done the usual reboots and resets, turning stuff on and off. Chatted with the Internet provider and Sky who blame each other.
The TV is used for certain apps and needs WiFi, sky needs it for other apps and catch up etc.
My computer, amazon fire stick, xbox, Alexa and 2 mobile phones are working fine. 
The resets on the sky box and TV were just by unplugging. 
I've tried to connect the TV with sky turned off and that failed. 
If I use my mobile as a hotspot I can connect and the TV and Sky work fine.
I turned every device off except tv and Sky box when trying to connect
If any thinks I know what I'm talking about you're mistaken, I have little knowledge with this stuff. 
Thanks to anyone who can suggest something new for me to try. 
I think a last resort may be a reset of TV and Sky to original factory settings.
Has Sky or the TV done any type of firmware update recently?
(09-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Has Sky or the TV done any type of firmware update recently?

That's what I was thinking if the TV needs a setting update ....run it
Tony pulis is a wanker 
(09-12-2023, 02:53 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Has Sky or the TV done any type of firmware update recently?

I don't know if any updates or how to even find out.
(09-12-2023, 03:00 PM)1952 Wrote:

Go into TV settings where you  originally downloaded the stations it will say updates press it anyhow and hopefully download a new system to the TV if not it won't do any harm just downloaded the old settings
Tony pulis is a wanker 
(09-12-2023, 03:03 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 03:00 PM)1952 Wrote:

Go into TV settings where you  originally downloaded the stations it will say updates press it anyhow and hopefully download a new system to the TV if not it won't do any harm just downloaded the old settings

Updated stations WS, sadly didn't help with Internet connection, but thanks.
(09-12-2023, 02:34 PM)1952 Wrote: Hi guys, is there anyone who can offer any suggestions please. I'm just about at the end of my tether. 
Yesterday I lost connection between my sky q box and the hub, and Internet connection between my smart TV and the hub. 
The TV is connected to the  hub but there is an IP set up issue. I know what IP addresses look like but not it should be and if it applies to the TV or hub. 
I've done the usual reboots and resets, turning stuff on and off. Chatted with the Internet provider and Sky who blame each other.
The TV is used for certain apps and needs WiFi, sky needs it for other apps and catch up etc.
My computer, amazon fire stick, xbox, Alexa and 2 mobile phones are working fine. 
The resets on the sky box and TV were just by unplugging. 
I've tried to connect the TV with sky turned off and that failed. 
If I use my mobile as a hotspot I can connect and the TV and Sky work fine.
I turned every device off except tv and Sky box when trying to connect
If any thinks I know what I'm talking about you're mistaken, I have little knowledge with this stuff. 
Thanks to anyone who can suggest something new for me to try. 
I think a last resort may be a reset of TV and Sky to original factory settings.

Try hardwiring the TV to your router.
Can you log into your router and check what's on static IP's and DHCP? If static IP's are set on either the router or any of the units that have lost connection and the IP's don't match up you may need to set the IP's again.
In the form of his life.
It could be that your TV WiFi / ethernet adapter is faulty. Mine on my Samsung TV was dropping the connection a lot over WiFi...
(09-12-2023, 03:54 PM)NewWanker Wrote: It could be that your TV WiFi / ethernet adapter is faulty. Mine on my Samsung TV was dropping the connection a lot over WiFi...

Always best to hardwire lud with the highest cat cable and shortest cable length.  Mines cat 8 and 2m.  I also have Cat 8 cable from the fibre box to router too.