Birmingham CC
Officially bost.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi...m-66715441
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
In other news, Oracle share prices are up 0.45%
The Equal Pay issue was simmering when I worked there over 25 years ago.

My experience of BCC was that it was the most dysfunctional, over-staffed and underperforming organisation I've ever worked in. There was a guy on my floor at Alpha Tower who wasn't around much, found out a after I'd left that he actually had another job at Sandwell and used to flit between the two. There was an admin team of former typists on each of the 11 floors who had literally nothing to do. The redeployment of useless individuals around departments was rife, but they were largely unsackable.

Scandals abound. First Capita, then Oracle where the costs run into hundreds of millions. Highways Engineers making more than the Chief Exec. Childrens Services removed from political control. Trojan Horse. The usual £multi million taxi contract shenanigans. £1.2 million for the library website, not to mention the backhanders I witnessed which led to me leaving.
A taste of things to come in the UK under Labour
(09-05-2023, 11:13 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: A taste of things to come in the UK under Labour

Ark at Rip Van Winkle.
(09-05-2023, 11:13 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: A taste of things to come in the UK under Labour

Although ny expectation levels of a Labour Govt drawn from the current shadow cabnet are very low, its hard to believe things could get any worse.

Plenty of Conservative councils are on their uppers too.
(09-05-2023, 04:02 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Plenty of Conservative councils are on their uppers too.

Indeed they are. They ought to start surcharging Councillors for their appalling decision making.

Crikey. Someone has actually managed to attempt to take the high ground on corruption and incompetence from a Tory angle.

That’s some going.

As an aside, there is a lot to be positive about for Birmingham as a city at the moment - it deserves a council that can mirror huge potential
Someone could have been killed
(09-05-2023, 04:19 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 04:02 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Plenty of Conservative councils are on their uppers too.

Indeed they are. They ought to start surcharging Councillors for their appalling decision making.

Hmm

I'd be more sympathetic to this point of view, if central govt hadn't deliberately exported much of its austerity programme to councils for them to administer.
(09-06-2023, 06:27 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:

Crikey. Someone has actually managed to attempt to take the high ground on corruption and incompetence from a Tory angle.

That’s some going.

As an aside, there is a lot to be positive about for Birmingham as a city at the moment - it deserves a council that can mirror huge potential

I’ve always liked working with John Cotton and it’s a shame this has happened so early in his tenure but, yeah, they’ve gorra gew Tom
Would rather talk to ChatGPT