So what’s better?
Wink 
After 13 nearly 14 years of Tory governance… (yes we have done this before). 

Crime? Nah 
Health? Nah 
Social Care? Nah 
Human Rights? Nah 
Environmental protections? Nah 
Economy? Nah 
Standards of living? Nah 
Workers relations? Nah 
Education funding? Nah 
A sense of community and social cohesion? Nah 
Control of immigration? Nah 
Freedom to protest? Nah 
Freedom to live in the EU? Nah 
Gap between the rich and poor? Nah

Have I missed anything?
You've missed a fair degree of nuance (as usual).

The economy (and hence most everything else) is on its knees largely because of the policies you've supported. In fact, if the government had listened to people like you over extending Lockdown for instance, or borrowing even more money then things would be even worse.

You could also apply the same questions to pretty much every other developed country and come up with the same answers.
(09-03-2023, 09:15 AM)Protheroe Wrote: You've missed a fair degree of nuance (as usual).

The economy (and hence most everything else) is on its knees largely because of the policies you've supported. In fact, if the government had listened to people like you over extending Lockdown for instance, or borrowing even more money then things would be even worse.

You could also apply the same questions to pretty much every other developed country and come up with the same answers.

The same Chicago school, Friedmanite, Hayekian, IEA and Brexit bullshit. IT HAS NOT WORKED IT WAS NEVER GONNA. Shove it up your arrogant, I'm all right Jack Tory shitbox
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
(09-03-2023, 09:15 AM)Protheroe Wrote: You've missed a fair degree of nuance (as usual).

Covid accounts for say three of the last thirteen so how do you explain the other decade?
(09-03-2023, 10:12 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:

Covid accounts for say three of the last thirteen so how do you explain the other decade?

He’s got absolutely nothing left but to cling to Covid lockdowns, it’s an absolutely appalling record of governance. They have dragged politics through the gutter, they have normalised cronyism, industrial scale lying, severely damaged public services and shown contempt for almost every sector of society to shift blame away from themselves.

The new line… ‘well they are all as bad as each other…’
Government borrows money in the bad Times and pays it down in the good times. The economy is improved by this - my spending is your wages, your spending is my wages.
Except of course if you are a Tory and you are obsessed with debt, deficit, reducing the size of the state, dismantling the NHS and sovereignty
(09-03-2023, 09:25 AM)Pontificator Wrote:

The same Chicago school, Friedmanite, Hayekian, IEA and Brexit bullshit. IT HAS NOT WORKED IT WAS NEVER GONNA. Shove it up your arrogant, I'm all right Jack Tory shitbox

It hasn’t been attempted. The last decade will be remembered globally as one of fiscal and monetary incontinence on an unprecedented scale. The UK was at the vanguard of spending money it didn’t have on things the country didn’t need.

I’m not alright Cocker. I’m paying more tax for fewer and worse public services. My childrens future affluence has been sacrificed at the altar of the NHS and benefits for older wealthy people.

I did say this would happen in 2008, unless we’d all taken the collective decision then to be a little poorer for a short time, and not the expect the state to pretend moral hazard didn’t exist by rescuing the already wealthy from their investment risk. But as ever our politicians egged on by most people on here took the easy way out. Then compounded it with Covid. Then compounded it again with Energy price support. And continue to compound it with the Triple Lock and zero planning reform.

The OP supported all of that. And more.

When Labour is elected some time next year they’re going to find out there really isn’t any money left this time, and the Tories haven’t left them a Goldilocks inheritance as they did in 1997.
(09-03-2023, 11:06 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

It hasn’t been attempted. The last decade will be remembered globally as one of fiscal and monetary incontinence on an unprecedented scale. The UK was at the vanguard of spending money it didn’t have on things the country didn’t need.

I’m not alright Cocker. I’m paying more tax for fewer and worse public services. My childrens future affluence has been sacrificed at the altar of the NHS and benefits for older wealthy people.

I did say this would happen in 2008, unless we’d all taken the collective decision then to be a little poorer for a short time, and not the expect the state to pretend moral hazard didn’t exist by rescuing the already wealthy from their investment risk. But as ever our politicians egged on by most people on here took the easy way out. Then compounded it with Covid. Then compounded it again with Energy price support. And continue to compound it with the Triple Lock and zero planning reform.

When Labour is elected some time next year they’re going to find out there really isn’t any money left this time, and the Tories haven’t left them a Goldilocks inheritance as they did in 1997.

Your party has truly fecked the country up just own it.
(09-03-2023, 11:06 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

The 72 billion Truss and kami Kwasi black hole and this: 
https://www.theguardian.com/business/202...since-2010
Quite, we’d have half a trillion more debt and higher gilt yields. I’m not sure what your point is?