Long term vision !
(04-07-2019, 08:22 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 08:07 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote: It’s all very well we picking a name and saying that’s the man we need “just go and get him”. It isn’t quite so black and white as that. Some seem to ignore or do not even consider the fact, it may have as much, if not more, to do with who wants us. Appointing a manager is a two way thing.

Make it happen. That's the difference in life between winners and losers, losers accept things and bemoan their luck, winners go out and make sure they get what they want. 

Ark at Gordon Gekko here.
(04-07-2019, 09:42 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 08:07 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote: It’s all very well we picking a name and saying that’s the man we need “just go and get him”. It isn’t quite so black and white as that. Some seem to ignore or do not even consider the fact, it may have as much, if not more, to do with who wants us. Appointing a manager is a two way thing.

Make it happen. That's the difference in life between winners and losers, losers accept things and bemoan their luck, winners go out and make sure they get what they want. 

Ha ha. No not me, I am one of life's losers.

For me Jokovich is the perfect candidate to rebuild this club over the next 2/3seasons or more just pay the man what he wants, the 1st promotion back to the Prem will more than pay for it imvho, we need to get away from this short term cheap fix mentally which continually hamstrings the club and ultimately drags us down, we need long term positive planning but as its Albion I won't hold me breath.
The way we are being run as a club. Good managers simply won't come here IMO. I'm guessing that's probably why we haven't got a manager?
Nice to see JOK back on the bored - good post btw.
(04-07-2019, 07:26 AM)Huggybear Wrote: Jenkins and co have again got themselves in a mess and it shouldn't surprise anyone.From the inept Pardew farce where he was kept on for far too long to where we are now and dithering over making a managerial decision.What do the fans want though? Do you go for a short term appointment to try to get us up this season or do we look long term with a vision and set style of play that we just haven't got .My own view is that we get someone in with a good set style of play who is going to bring the very good youngsters through.The Norwich manager went through a really poor season and stuck to his principles and now look where they are.I believe this is the route to go and maybe a Graham Potter who has been given a bad hand this season but has got a set style of play that if patient will pay off.We should be looking worldwide for a manager and not just those usual names on the betting list.

The problem is mate our owners have paid 200m for an 'asset' that's now probably 25% of that value. 

So it's panic stations and as much as I'd love to see Potter with a longer-term vision it ain't gonna happy. 

Probably Big Sam and if he gets us up gets the job.

(04-07-2019, 07:53 AM)Atomic Wrote: If we look at it the right way you could argue we are actually lucky right now. There is a manager available that knows how to get teams out of the Championship by playing good football. His name is Slovisa Jokanovic. No need to pay compensation or anything like that he is available NOW. We need to go and get him before another club does either before or at the end of the season.

Timing is everything and here lies a massive opportunity to bring in the ideal candidate and let him prepare for the summer transfer window.

Bring him in and give him two seasons to change the DNA of the club and get us back to the Premier League. IF we somehow manage to go up anyway let him carry on building because we won't stay up, let us come down again to go up stronger.

Perfect man available, perfect time.

This is an golden opportunity that we are going to throw away isn't it?

Clearly we don't want to pay him what he wants otherwise he'd be hear by now.  Penny-pinching again as we'll get 15m at least for Rondon in the summer so money not an issue!

(04-07-2019, 09:47 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 09:42 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Ha ha. No not me, I am one of life's losers.

Don't be hard on yourself.