What we have learnt over the last couple of weeks…
The Tories continue to debase politics with 30p Lee, Jenrick etc and they are left with wedge politics and culture war nonsense. 

Oh and lawyers and firefighters can now be added to the long, long, long list of people to blame other than the party that’s been in power for 13yrs. 

It’s only Tuesday!
When both parties agree on everything else, what do you expect?

Next week the Labour Party may (shockingly) weaponise “our” NHS.
(08-08-2023, 10:57 AM)Protheroe Wrote: When both parties agree on everything else, what do you expect?

Next week the Labour Party may (shockingly) weaponise “our” NHS.

What I find particularly offensive is the idea that 30p Lee has been placed as a spokesperson for the working class by the Tory leadership and their advisors thinking he is your typical northern voter. That’s an insult to millions of people from working class backgrounds who are absolutely nothing like him and those such as Gullis who have turned your old party into a very grubby UKIP at best.
Then I’m sure working class people will be able to see through the ploy.
(08-08-2023, 03:41 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Then I’m sure working class people will be able to see through the ploy.

What do you think of the rhetoric from your former party? Comfortable with language and divide and rule tactics? Can you still argue that your former party hasn’t lurched to the right and isn’t flirting with far right language?
(08-08-2023, 04:43 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-08-2023, 03:41 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Then I’m sure working class people will be able to see through the ploy.

What do you think of the rhetoric from your former party? Comfortable with language and divide and rule tactics? Can you still argue that your former party hasn’t lurched to the right and isn’t flirting with far right language? One look at NF literature from the 70s and 80s suggests it has.

As I don’t like it, I’ve taken 30p Lee’s advice and fucked off back to France - sorry, Spain
I have been opposed to the Conservative Party all my adult life.

But even I am getting distressed for their supporters, when you see the depths they have descended too.

There is no excuse for a senior politician using language like that in a newspaper.

The current iteration of the Conservative Party is a total disgrace, they deserve any hammering they get at the next election

It's just sad that the current iteration if the Labour Party really don't deserve to be the one doing the hammering.

What do you think of the rhetoric from your former party? Comfortable with language and divide and rule tactics? Can you still argue that your former party hasn’t lurched to the right and isn’t flirting with far right language?

I’m far more concerned about their lack of action on all the issues that actually matter rather than hollow rhetoric.

What a shame many of them didn’t see through people telling them how wonderful Brexit would be for them. A poisonous abuse of trust really.
Someone could have been killed
(08-08-2023, 09:50 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

I’m far more concerned about their lack of action on all the issues that actually matter rather than hollow rhetoric.

That’s not answering the question. So are you comfortable with the language and divide and rule tactics your former party continues to use and is ramping up?