Greeting from Belgium
(08-07-2023, 02:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Ghent a fantastic city - as per Manc’s comments.

There’s one pub that’s the only place in the world that sells their home brewed triple beer. They reckon it’s about 14.5% and you can only buy three small glasses.

I had 2 small glasses and that’s probably why I don’t remember it’s name, the pub, or getting home

It’s named after a massive church bell as that’s how your head feels the next day.

I second that. Is that the pub with about 140 beers, it's along a canal. Spent a hazy afternoon there some years ago. Good job I don't live in Ghent I wouldnt ever find my way home.
(08-07-2023, 02:50 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 02:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Ghent a fantastic city - as per Manc’s comments.

There’s one pub that’s the only place in the world that sells their home brewed triple beer. They reckon it’s about 14.5% and you can only buy three small glasses.

I had 2 small glasses and that’s probably why I don’t remember it’s name, the pub, or getting home

It’s named after a massive church bell as that’s how your head feels the next day.

I second that. Is that the pub with about 140 beers, it's along a canal. Spent a hazy afternoon there some years ago. Good job I don't live in Ghent I wouldnt ever find my way home.

Yes that’s the one Smile

Cracking boozer that!!
(08-07-2023, 11:55 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Actually organised a weekend with my friend to go up there based on that recommendation so I'll go check it out.

You won’t be disappointed! Another place worth a visit is round the corner in Pump Street-‘ Hop Lord’s.’ It’s a shop/ small bar with a few seats outside. A large fridge packed with beers from all over Europe. You can pick a few and drink them there or take them home. He also has a few beers on tap for you to try and will Can them on his little canning machine. Top stuff!