‘Think Tanks’
There is so much wrong with our political system it’s hard to know where to start from our ludicrous honours system, to blatant industrial scale lying allowed by political parties and their supporters (knock knock) but surely one of the biggest is the malignant influence of opaque ‘think tanks’ funded by dubious backers. None seem to be for the benefit of society, whether it’s Brexit, health, social care, energy etc they all seem to lead back to greed, privilege and the pursuit of profit to the detriment of society. Look at the state of Truss and Kwarteng to see where this leads, take a look at the influence Tufton Street has on the political discourse in the UK and it’s links to right wing US politics and religion and then look at the state of our country be it by design or just incompetence. 

Think tanks and funding should be completely transparent, it should state who they are, their political allegiance, who funds them and their core ‘values’ if they have to exist at all which is very debatable at least in the form they take now. 

Think Tanks
Think tanks- no tanks!
One of Blur's weaker albums.
I suspect your will find a lot of our MPs started their working lives in think tanks. Ed Milliband springs to mind. Come up with an idea and move on to then next think tank before its ideas, when implemented , fail.
I’m pretty sure all Think Tanks from wherever they sit on the political spectrum feel they’re working in the interests of society.
(08-04-2023, 09:07 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I’m pretty sure all Think Tanks from wherever they sit on the political spectrum feel they’re working in the interests of society.

Big Grin
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(08-04-2023, 09:07 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I’m pretty sure all Think Tanks from wherever they sit on the political spectrum feel they’re working in the interests of society.

[Image: Brick-Tamland-Laughing-Eating-Banana.gif]
What was it Jasper Carrott once said?

"When I hear the phrase 'think tank', I think of a big galvanised tin bath full of blubbery overweight MP's. Though, that's wrong. Galvanised means action and that's the last thing you get from a think tank".
Which Think Tank has 750 employees meddling in 40 countries and is likely to be very influential here over the next few years?