Sound celebrities you've met
Just to add some balance to the "celebrity cunts" thread, famous people you've met who have turned out to be nice:

Andrew Garfield: He's a mate of a mate, a few times before he got mega famous he came up to Manchester and came out drinking with us. I've seen him throw up.

Jarvis Cocker: Bought me a pint and spent half an hour chatting about literature backstage at Leeds Festival.

Keith, Liam and Maxim (The Prodgy): Met them before a gig in Brum, absolutely sound.
Laurie Black - minor league singer, very unique, was support for Adam Ant last year. Got chatting with her after her set, thoroughly lovely lady.

Josie Lawrence is lovely too.

Hayseed Dixie, all the band are cracking chaps.
Jimmy Savile 

Rolf Harris

Paul Gadd 

All sound as a pound
(08-03-2023, 01:37 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Jimmy Savile 

Rolf Harris

Paul Gadd 

All sound as a pound

'arfs did they give you the pound to keep quiet, or did they just pound you?
(08-03-2023, 01:39 PM)NewWanker Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 01:37 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Jimmy Savile 

Rolf Harris

Paul Gadd 

All sound as a pound

'arfs did they give you the pound to keep quiet, or did they just pound you?

I'm far too old.
An old job I had meant I met a fair few authors.
Colin Dexter - Morse - was brilliant.
Terry Deary - the Horrible Histories bloke - was a top fella.
Shaun Hutson was great.
Terry Pratchett was up his own arse, as was Clive Barker.
David Coulthard. Had a little chat with him at the British Grand Prix a few years ago and he was happy to have a chat and sign my hat despite obviously being busy (was when he was working for the BBC).

Met Jonas Olsson (does he count?) a few times as he used to get the same train back as me and he was always sound, happy to have a chat. He liked talking about guitars more than football though.
Roy Wood - a friend of an ex work colleague - met him in a pub. Sound considering how much attention he was getting.

Amol Rajan - did a BBC thing at work. Proper nice bloke and really attentive.

Clint Boon of the Inspirals. He did a DJ set at a charity gig we played (for exposure!). Great bloke and I got a bit starstruck having seen them a few times. I'd seen them at the Phoenix festival in 94 when their set was the same time as the WC final - he talked to me for about 5 mins about that day. They were letting us know the score between the tunes.

My mate's sister is really good friends with Ken from Early Doors - I'm trying to engineer meeting him so I can congratulate him on the bacon Smile
Terry Pratchett could easily go in both lists, very much what mood he was was in that day.

I've met a few, however because I have known some people who were minorly famous, will say this. They are just normal people, on a bad day they're cunts, on a good day, they're sound. Some have more bad than good and vice versa.

If people were constantly bothering me when I was just trying to live my life, tbh, most would think I'm a cunt and I'd be a rude celeb no doubt.
(08-03-2023, 01:53 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Terry Pratchett could easily go in both lists, very much what mood he was was in that day.

I've met a few, however because I have known some people who were minorly famous, will say this. They are just normal people, on a bad day they're cunts, on a good day, they're sound. Some have more bad than good and vice versa.

If people were constantly bothering me when I was just trying to live my life, tbh, most would think I'm a cunt and I'd be a rude celeb no doubt.

ypou new here?? rationality isn't allowed!