Unbelievable Championship
Bristol have gone 5th after back to back wins against Sheff U and Boro tonight and they still have a game in hand.  

With 7 games to go for most,  anyone really of 10 clubs could still go up via the play-offs. 

I'm still quietly confident we can do it automatically,  though the City game is going to be a difficult one to encounter next Tuesday.   A point there given their current form would be a good result. Win the other 6 and 89 points may just be enough.  

I think both Leeds and Sheff U have a trickier run-in than us and they only need to lose one and draw a couple (1 in Sheff U's case) and we can overtake them.

But obviously we need to keep winning.     

Next games;

Blues v Leeds
Preston v Sheff U
Millwall v WBA

Exciting stuff!  

PS - I bet the Seals are sweating again tonight despite their 5 wins on the spin, with City having gone above them with a game in hand and Derby one point behind, also with a game in hand, which they don't play until 1st May so it's going to be a nervy end to the season and Villa are by no means guaranteed a play-off spot.
(04-02-2019, 09:07 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Bristol have gone 5th after back to back wins against Sheff U and Boro tonight and they still have a game in hand.  

With 7 games to go for most,  anyone really of 10 clubs could still go up via the play-offs. 

I'm still quietly confident we can do it automatically,  though the City game is going to be a difficult one to encounter next Tuesday.   A point there given their current form would be a good result. Win the other 6 and 89 points may just be enough.  

I think both Leeds and Sheff U have a trickier run-in than us and they only need to lose one and draw a couple (1 in Sheff U's case) and we can overtake them.

Next games;

Blues v Leeds
Preston v Sheff U
Millwall v WBA

Exciting stuff!  

PS - I bet the Seals are sweating again tonight despite their 5 wins on the spin, with City having gone above them with a game in hand and Derby one point behind, also with a game in hand, which they don't play until 1st May so it's going to be a nervy end to the season and Villa are by no means guaranteed a play-off spot.

I fancy Wednesday to beat the Seals on Saturday - Bruce will be determined to get the points, Wednesday are on a good run and still have a slim chance of making the play offs themselves.
Would be such a shame to see Pulis and Villa miss out on the play offs
(04-02-2019, 09:20 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Would be such a shame to see Pulis and Villa miss out on the play offs

The Lord certainly works in mysterious ways as Clint used to say Big Grin
(04-02-2019, 09:07 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Bristol have gone 5th after back to back wins against Sheff U and Boro tonight and they still have a game in hand.  

Next games;

Blues v Leeds
Preston v Sheff U
Millwall v WBA

Exciting stuff!  

There’s about a 60/40 chance we’ll get a 3-point boost over Leeds and Blades due to Bolton’s problems.  They may well have a liquidation notice by tomorrow lunchtime. Preston would also be 3 pts better off while Bristol City and Derby would both make up 2 pts
Always admire your optimism Hopalong. Certainly better than being at the other end of the possibility gauge.
I reckon we have a very slim chance of automatic, but still not impossible to finish a place higher. Overhauling both Sheffield United and Leeds with so few games seems unlikely.
All I know is that I want Boro and Villa to fail. I can handle us failing too so long as they are down here and have no part in our disappointment.