Weather
(07-04-2023, 07:51 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 07:01 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 06:43 PM)Everything Zin Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 06:27 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 05:42 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: I shall be enjoying Ungrateful Colonials Day snoozing in my hammock with the temperature a comfortable 80f or so.

What’s this F parP?  What’s it in real money? 

I wonder how many people still use F for temperature when all the apps and websites use C.

Old people and those living in the US - I qualify on both accounts.

Big Grin    I honestly have no idea what F temp equates to in C.  Yes. I know there’s a formula to convert it, but I never use F and so can’t relate to it.

Subtract 32 and divide by 1.8  Wink
A broader and less accurate option is subtract 30 and halve it. 70 becomes 20, whereas it's actually 21.1.
Not an exact science but crudely works for our weather range, if you are not Stephen Hawking  Smile .
I think I will go to Sparkbrook Friday morning and have Indian food on the BBQ that evening. Lamb koftas for wraps with salad inside), tandoori cod / chicken, samosas, onion bhajis etc Cor wait.
(07-05-2023, 08:32 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I think I will go to Sparkbrook Friday morning and have Indian food on the BBQ that evening. Lamb koftas for wraps with salad inside), tandoori cod / chicken, samosas, onion bhajis etc  Cor wait.

Samosas on a BBQ? Won't the pastry just burn to cinders?
(07-05-2023, 09:23 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 08:32 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I think I will go to Sparkbrook Friday morning and have Indian food on the BBQ that evening. Lamb koftas for wraps with salad inside), tandoori cod / chicken, samosas, onion bhajis etc  Cor wait.

Indirect cooking with the lid on with them individually wrapped in aluminium foil and they’ll be fine.   Same a garlic bread is and jacket potatoes and other food you’d usually cook in an oven
(07-05-2023, 09:43 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Indirect cooking with the lid on with them individually wrapped in aluminium foil and they’ll be fine.   Same a garlic bread is and jacket potatoes and other food you’d usually cook in an oven

So why not just use your fuckin oven??!! Save everyone else within a 200m radius from smelling burning coals/cremated foodstuffs.
(07-05-2023, 10:08 AM)MrFizz Wrote:

So why not just use your fuckin oven??!! Save everyone else within a 200m radius from smelling burning coals/cremated foodstuffs.

Barbecuing isn't about the food, it never has been. It's about making sure everyone knows you're doing it.

You’ve almost hit the nail on the head re the smell of the charcoal, as that gives the flood a unique flavour. Plain chicken thought for example taste far nicer thank of cooked in an oven. 

I use restaurant grade charcoal which burns clean and is chemical free.

(07-05-2023, 10:14 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Barbecuing isn't about the food, it never has been. It's about making sure everyone knows you're doing it.

Living in a flat, I wouldn’t expect you to understand. 

They are also a great sociable events for family and friends
(07-05-2023, 10:25 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

You’ve almost hit the nail on the head re the smell of the charcoal, as that gives the flood a unique flavour. Plain chicken thought for example taste far nicer thank of cooked in an oven. 

I use restaurant grade charcoal which burns clean and is chemical free.

(07-05-2023, 10:14 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 09:23 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Samosas on a BBQ? Won't the pastry just burn to cinders?

Living in a flat, I wouldn’t expect you to understand. 

They are also a great sociable events for family and friends

Au contraire. We have in an old building that was converted into flats. It comes with a gym, swimming pool, tennis court and absolutely colossal communal garden that could hold three or four football pitches.

There are people barbecueing out there every weekend, we even do so ourselves when the mood takes.
I think you’ll find your communal garden is called Greenwich Park Big Grin
(07-05-2023, 12:13 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I think you’ll find your communal garden is called Greenwich Park Big Grin

Mine's bigger.