Weather
(07-07-2023, 02:29 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 02:21 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 12:13 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 10:48 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 09:04 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Meanwhile in the UK it felt like February

Warmest day ever recorded on the planet yesterday.  3rd time we've broken the record this week.  Keep going people - let's make it 4.  Take a leaf out of FF's book and light a fire in your garden.  We can do this.

We are indeed lighting up a BBQ tonight, I am preparing Chicken Caesar Salad, and taking a culinary leaf out of FF's book in wrapping it in aluminium foil so that it gives the food that unique flavour.

Wrapping food in aluminium foil won’t give it any flavour at all.  Meat on the other hand is a totally different story and the longer it takes to cook, the more it will absorb the smoke taste.  As mentioned before, plain (cooked with skin on) chicken thighs tase soooooo much better cooked on proper charcoal (not the supermarket shite and not briquettes).

Well whats all this nonsense about then, as I've already wrapped up the Salad in foil!

(07-05-2023, 10:25 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 10:08 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 09:43 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 09:23 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Samosas on a BBQ? Won't the pastry just burn to cinders?

Indirect cooking with the lid on with them individually wrapped in aluminium foil and they’ll be fine.   Same a garlic bread is and jacket potatoes and other food you’d usually cook in an oven

So why not just use your fuckin oven??!! Save everyone else within a 200m radius from smelling burning coals/cremated foodstuffs.

You’ve almost hit the nail on the head re the smell of the charcoal, as that gives the flood a unique flavour. Plain chicken thought for example taste far nicer thank of cooked in an oven. 

I use restaurant grade charcoal which burns clean and is chemical free.

Am I missing something? Why would you wrap a salad in foil and cook it on a bbq???
(07-07-2023, 05:36 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 02:29 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 02:21 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 12:13 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 10:48 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Warmest day ever recorded on the planet yesterday.  3rd time we've broken the record this week.  Keep going people - let's make it 4.  Take a leaf out of FF's book and light a fire in your garden.  We can do this.

We are indeed lighting up a BBQ tonight, I am preparing Chicken Caesar Salad, and taking a culinary leaf out of FF's book in wrapping it in aluminium foil so that it gives the food that unique flavour.

Wrapping food in aluminium foil won’t give it any flavour at all.  Meat on the other hand is a totally different story and the longer it takes to cook, the more it will absorb the smoke taste.  As mentioned before, plain (cooked with skin on) chicken thighs tase soooooo much better cooked on proper charcoal (not the supermarket shite and not briquettes).

Well whats all this nonsense about then, as I've already wrapped up the Salad in foil!

(07-05-2023, 10:25 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 10:08 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 09:43 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Indirect cooking with the lid on with them individually wrapped in aluminium foil and they’ll be fine.   Same a garlic bread is and jacket potatoes and other food you’d usually cook in an oven

So why not just use your fuckin oven??!! Save everyone else within a 200m radius from smelling burning coals/cremated foodstuffs.

You’ve almost hit the nail on the head re the smell of the charcoal, as that gives the flood a unique flavour. Plain chicken thought for example taste far nicer thank of cooked in an oven. 

I use restaurant grade charcoal which burns clean and is chemical free.

Am I missing something? Why would you wrap a salad in foil and cook it on a bbq???

Cause I want the BBQ flavours on me salad innit!