Déjà vu: A minister has apparently conspired to avoid a speeding fine
And no, it's not Chris Huhne.
I can’t believe
I thought it was standard policy to offer speed awareness sessions as an alternative to fines.

Bit of a non story.

That said, the fact that Braverman is the Home Sec is the real outrage here.
(05-21-2023, 10:27 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I thought it was standard policy to offer speed awareness sessions as an alternative to fines.

Bit of a non story.

She was offered a speed awareness course, she wanted to be treated differently to avoid the fine and get a special private one that isn't offered to anyone else and asked Civil Servants under her remit to find an alternative arrangement that suited Braverman and then when they said no she and then she tried to pressure the course provider who also said no. She then tried to get the fine put on expenses.

Seems a pretty clear cut case of abuse of privilege and therefore a breach of the ministerial code.
(05-21-2023, 10:27 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I thought it was standard policy to offer speed awareness sessions as an alternative to fines.

Bit of a non story.

Yes - Borin has replied.  Private speed awareness session so she doesn't get identified?  Anybody ever been offered a private session?  So instead she paid the fine.  Utter abuse of privilige (well, attempted - the blob civil servants wouldn't conspire to cheat).
Another abuse of power. In the present tense as well, which will make it easier for resident Tory to understand
Someone could have been killed
She should’ve taken the course in public. She might have been on the one I was on last summer when I was done speeding at 5:30 AM on a deserted A456 taking the dog out for an early walk during the heatwave.
She should go and take it in Rwanda
Someone could have been killed
Isn’t there a massive container ship she could use before it gets busy?
(05-21-2023, 03:49 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: She should go and take it in Rwanda

Arf!

(05-21-2023, 03:31 PM)Protheroe Wrote: She should’ve taken the course in public. She might have been on the one I was on last summer when I was done speeding at 5:30 AM on a deserted A456 taking the dog out for an early walk during the heatwave.

Doing the right thing is doing it even when no-one is watching...  or might be watching  GOTCHA!!  Ypou snotgoblin LOUSe