Nine points and a more flexible approach
Key difference is the players look confident.

Contrast that to, say, the Ipswich match where they looked confused.

As did I, in the stands.
(03-30-2019, 08:54 AM)Baggie Rick Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 08:36 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 08:12 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:23 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:21 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: A game is 98 minutes ask the ref!

Bloody true!

We've won 3 out of 3. We could as easily have lost all 3.
Does it prove anything?
The players are committed, which is great, especially in the circumstances.
Is it down to the coach?
Frankly, I can't see it, though something happened at half time yesterday! My best guess is that the senior players are stepping up in support of Shan.
But whether it's good enough to win playoffs I doubt.

That second half was no coincidence imo. Shan made a half time sub, a very astute one, and we were transformed. We showed a lot of character to hold our nerve after falling behind for a second time. We stayed patient, scored our goals and held on resolutely in a niggly game.

Shan made, and keeps making, good substitutions at the right times. Edwards was tiring and Bartley for Jrod was needed in the last 10 minutes.

I'm not saying he's Pep. Who knows how good he is but I do believe he's a flexible manager who acts on what he sees in front of him. He's not blindly sticking to one principle. We mixed it up well last night in the second half.

Let's see where we go with him. Everyone has to start somewhere....

Shan said post most match that Mozza was injured (hamstring) that is why he made the change. He's hardly a tactical genius. Edwards was getting kicked to pieces, and putting Bartman on is hardly an astute decision.

Your totally missing the point. Mozza went off and he could have bought either Johansen or Harper on as a direct midfield replacement but he chose to bring on HRK and change formation.

It transformed us from utter shite to a decent attacking threat. 

He guy deserves credit imo.
I can't see much improvement from the end of Moore's reign in the three games so far. Still poor at home and solid away, just a bit more luck. Going back to being reliant on Brunt set pieces is a step backwards, not forward.
Credit where it's due. Conceding 2 goals from corners was poor but that aside, it was good to see a bold tactical move at HT which went on to change the game. Blues are one of the worst sides you could give a goal start to, organised and hard working. I can think of a couple of crucial games this season where we simply haven't had the nous to switch. Also, on his last legs or not, Brunty simply makes the pass that nobody else at the club even can see.
(03-30-2019, 10:06 AM)Artist Wrote: I can't see much improvement from the end of Moore's reign in the three games so far. Still poor at home and solid away, just a bit more luck. Going back to being reliant on Brunt set pieces is a step backwards, not forward.

I'm counting the points.
(03-30-2019, 10:06 AM)Artist Wrote: I can't see much improvement from the end of Moore's reign in the three games so far. Still poor at home and solid away, just a bit more luck. Going back to being reliant on Brunt set pieces is a step backwards, not forward.

I’d say we had a fair slice of bad luck with Hegazi being off the pitch for their second. Was nice too see Townsend second half with more freedom which led to the pen.

Surely a coach uses the qualities of the squad to get results rather than trying to shoehorn a way of playing into the squad they aren’t capable of.
(03-30-2019, 10:13 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Surely a coach uses the qualities of the squad to get results rather than trying to shoehorn a way of playing into the squad they aren’t capable of.

That's how I see it.
(03-30-2019, 08:58 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s ok to give praise where it’s due even if you want a sexy foreign manager or DM back.

He’s done exceptionally well however 9 points could easily have been 0 or 1 point, such are the fine margins so let’s not get ahead of ourselves

The fact we don’t have a permanent manager given our league position and aspirations if a fucking car crash of a situation

Cuzer
(03-30-2019, 10:08 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:

I'm counting the points.

Me too, I think 3 wins out of 3, including two at home, is a big step forwards, not backwards.