Recommended albums???
(04-29-2023, 02:08 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 04:10 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Good to know there’s plenty of jungle and dNb heads on here. Might need it’s own thread!

Fo sure, though I can't tolerate much of the new stuff. Majority of stuff post 2015 (that might even be pushing it) is dnb lite/pop music.

I have mixed views on that. On one level I think much the same. However the stuff you refer to is keeping a new generation of dNb very strong. My daughter regularly goes to hospitality mainstream stuff in brum and they always sell out. It is very commercial but many of them will develop a broader taste once they are hooked in
Someone could have been killed
I did a fair bit of work for Hospital and UKF, which was fun and all but their recent output/style they seem to want is just so far away from dnb always was. It sold out big time. On a technical level, 90% of tracks seems to have the same kick and snare samples and no actual breaks.
In the form of his life.
I agree with you pal. But to me the likes of Danny Byrd, Sub Focus, High Contrast were laying that path a part long time ago. Hybrid Minds does a decent job of straddling the lines between the two but the reality is they produce what sells
It’s not like it used to be, the scene. Bucket hats for goalposts… They say Tenants Super is “Craft Ale” these days!!! AHAHAHAH!!! Comic cuts.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(04-29-2023, 07:14 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: I agree with you pal. But to me the likes of Danny Byrd, Sub Focus, High Contrast were laying that path a part long time ago. Hybrid Minds does a decent job of straddling the lines between the two but the reality is they produce what sells

So true. There’s a world of difference between chest rumbling dark and dingey club nights and dj’s introducing their new single with a mic bringing on guest singers and cunts rewinding afterglow for the 1000th time.
In the form of his life.
The prevalence of hosts rather than genuine MCs was a tragic shift in that respect. Not many true greats left out there in that respect
(04-28-2023, 08:09 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: I'm hitting the gym again now so have 3-4 hour long slots a week to listen to music.  Like most people, I don't listen to albums much these days so I'm after recommendations from over the past 3 years (quit the gym in Covid) please.  I like most things apart from freeform jazz and thrash.  4 white guys playing guitars normally bores me but that's more a trend than a rule.

Hit me up mofos.  

PS:  Went through a bit of Chemical Brothers' back catalogue this morning - how bloody good were they eh?

[Image: s-l500.jpg]