What cost us this season
(04-23-2023, 04:05 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: Given that just about every club would have signed a cheap, available consistent goal scorer who was better that BTA and Dike, it would suggest that either one wasn't avalable or that every club has a poor recruitment team.

As I said, failing that we were crying out for pace. I completely fail to believe that throughout the whole league structure and leagues abroad that there is no one who can run faster than Steptoe and Muscle.

Whichever way you look at it it was dreadful and lazy recruitment. 

My last words as we're talking round in circles.
(04-23-2023, 04:13 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 04:05 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: Given that just about every club would have signed a cheap, available consistent goal scorer who was better that BTA and Dike, it would suggest that either one wasn't avalable or that every club has a poor recruitment team.

As I said, failing that we were crying out for pace. I completely fail to believe that throughout the whole league structure and leagues abroad that there is no one who can run faster than Steptoe and Muscle.

Whichever way you look at it it was dreadful and lazy recruitment. 

My last words as we're talking round in circles.

So you can't name a player who was available that fit's your criteria?

And if this is truly the last time you mention "Steptoe"and "Muscle" I'm sure all of us will be delighted.
(04-23-2023, 04:01 PM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 03:59 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: So who then?

No idea who was/is available. That's the job of Pearce Poor and his amazing recruitment department.  But as I said, like BTA they are out there.

Not in January - the worst possible time to be trying to sign a striker.  Last summer was the time, and we needed to sign more than just BTA