FA Cup SF
(04-22-2023, 04:40 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: It’s a bloody expensive day from Sheffield and lots of people haven’t got a huge amount of spare money at the moment. And they’re 99% likely to get whipped. Doubt I’d bother if I was a sheff United fan.

More a statement on the sorry state of football as a sport than owt else.
The magic of the cup eh!
Boring as fuck aye it really??
No one gives a shit about the cup anymore. Only a handful of teams can win it and football is too expensive. 

I also don't think that the semis should be played at Wembley- there are plenty of neutral grounds near City and Sheffield United that could have been used to save fans money.
For all the talk about the glorious standard of the Premier League, it's quite a telling indictment of uninteresting most football fans find Man City.
(04-22-2023, 06:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The magic of the cup eh!

Watched the BBC one minute highlights and had the tension and excitement of an early league cup match v a league 2 club.
Football is being destroyed by Man City and the sport washing antics of oil rich corrupt states.
Just so shit.
(04-22-2023, 09:02 PM)Squid Wrote: For all the talk about the glorious standard of the Premier League, it's quite a telling indictment of uninteresting most football fans find Man City.

City are brilliant to watch. It really is such good football. Would I pay to watch them? No. If I was a Sheffield United fan would I pay to travel to London to watch my team inevitabley lose? If my son wanted to go then maybe, for myself absolutely no chance.

They are the best and worst.
The BBC website is so gushing about City and it makes me puke. Club with bottomless pockets of money win everything is just what it is about.
The FA Cup is a tin pot trophy now due to the likes of them.
They can even just use their reserves as they have so many riches.
Todays semi could be a very good game.

City dont do anything for me. Play some great football but i really cant take to them.

Read the other day that Haaland is on over £750k a week!

I hope real madrid knock them out of the champions league and the premier league make some of those charges stick.
(04-23-2023, 12:51 AM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 09:02 PM)Squid Wrote: For all the talk about the glorious standard of the Premier League, it's quite a telling indictment of uninteresting most football fans find Man City.

City are brilliant to watch. It really is such good football. Would I pay to watch them? No. If I was a Sheffield United fan would I pay to travel to London to watch my team inevitabley lose? If my son wanted to go then maybe, for myself absolutely no chance.

They are the best and worst.
No they're not! Tedious overpassing in a one sided match. It's like watching the heavyweight champion of the world fighting someone that just came from 6 hours in Wetherspoons . Boring as fuck.