Our best outgoing transfer of all time
(03-25-2019, 01:14 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The £6m for Greening was brilliant because the Fulham fans thought they’d been sly and could loan him and sign him on a free when his contract expired, only for him to have a poor bit part season and them being obligated to pay £6m! Then again they did have that crazy European run, and stole Gera from us so...

(03-25-2019, 10:45 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 10:38 AM)Peachy Wrote: I think Saido has to be the best of all time. If you take into account the amount of shit he caused us, how utterly shit he's been since and how much trouble he's got into off the field, getting £12m quid was unbelievable.

The only comfort I can take from this whole sorry episode is that the Albion appear to have bartered us down from the £20m or so that we were probably going to give you in the first place. 

And don't think we wouldn't have. Our other transfer dealings are an indication of that. Ridiculously, the Saido deal is probably only our 2nd or possibly 3rd worst deal of that time.

imbula and wimmer?

Graham Harbey is 2nd
The business we did when selling off the big time Charlie's, post play off final defeat, was incredible, and laid the foundations for a brilliant season, that followed.
Clarnet v2.0
(03-25-2019, 01:14 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The £6m for Greening was brilliant because the Fulham fans thought they’d been sly and could loan him and sign him on a free when his contract expired, only for him to have a poor bit part season and them being obligated to pay £6m! Then again they did have that crazy European run, and stole Gera from us so...

(03-25-2019, 10:45 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 10:38 AM)Peachy Wrote: I think Saido has to be the best of all time. If you take into account the amount of shit he caused us, how utterly shit he's been since and how much trouble he's got into off the field, getting £12m quid was unbelievable.

The only comfort I can take from this whole sorry episode is that the Albion appear to have bartered us down from the £20m or so that we were probably going to give you in the first place. 

And don't think we wouldn't have. Our other transfer dealings are an indication of that. Ridiculously, the Saido deal is probably only our 2nd or possibly 3rd worst deal of that time.

imbula and wimmer?

Those two yeah, though after I'd posted, I figured that the Ndiaye deal was actually even worse, laughably so.

So we buy a player for £14m. He plays for us for 3 months. We get relegated and he makes it known he doesn't want to play in the Championship. He basically downs tools in our opening match this season. We then loan him back to the club we bought him from, apparently with no loan fee and we pay half his wages (because they're broke!). 

Now that's magic.
(03-25-2019, 01:48 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: The business we did when selling off the big time Charlie's, post play off final defeat, was incredible, and laid the foundations for a brilliant season, that followed.

Although some of that money went on Pele, Martis and Tininho  Big Grin
(03-25-2019, 02:43 PM)mpad_mark Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 01:48 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: The business we did when selling off the big time Charlie's, post play off final defeat, was incredible, and laid the foundations for a brilliant season, that followed.

Very true!

For the money we paid for Martis, I thought he was a decent signing. He did OK, in my book.
Clarnet v2.0
(03-25-2019, 02:51 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 02:43 PM)mpad_mark Wrote:

Very true!

For the money we paid for Martis, I thought he was a decent signing. He did OK, in my book.

We got a bit of value out of Martis at the end of the Mowbray era and start of RDMs reign. Then came that oggie at Barnsley....