Brunt deserves more respect
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...p-15777884

Great article.
The issue is simply social media allows people to vent off. Some of the vile stuff I see on Facebook over neighbourhood issues says it all. 99% of fans respect Brunt, but there will be idiots.
This is a separate matter to whether he deserves to be in the side.
Respect all players but selection needs to be earned
We have a lot of classless morons who follow us who cannot help but shout abuse at players. The criticism reflects their IQ which is somewhere between a lampost and a plank of wood, which is a little unfair on both as they are both useful.
(02-04-2019, 07:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: We have a lot of classless morons who follow us who cannot help but shout abuse at players. The criticism reflects their IQ which is somewhere between a lampost and a plank of wood, which is a little unfair on both as they are both useful.

Yeah, lompin' Ziz.
Twitter innit?  The anonymity of the internet gives the hard of thinking a chance to impose their views on those who don't want to hear them. Non story really though, A newspaper reporting on what is on Twitter.
Fans of other clubs can never understand hiw we have fans sagging Brunt off, I've had fans of Man Utd say they'd have been happy to have it more than a few times. He is a superb professional, was one of the best players to play fir the club in the modern era and would do anything asked for the club. His breakdown last season when relegation was all but confirmed at the end of Pardews Reign shows that.

I will never take any fan seriously that slags him off.
(02-04-2019, 07:29 PM)GSpandaubaggie Wrote: The issue is simply social media allows people to vent off. Some of the vile stuff I see on Facebook over neighbourhood issues says it all. 99% of fans respect Brunt, but there will be idiots.
This is a separate matter to whether he deserves to be in the side.

I also blame the bloody papers for using this shite, the evening mail are terrible, they recycle the same article 2-3 times a day under different guises just to get online hits and constantly use fans tweets

If you want to read fans opinions go on Twitter in the first place, Evening Mail making a story out of fuck all here, wrong AOTS

Cuzer
(02-04-2019, 07:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: We have a lot of classless morons who follow us who cannot help but shout abuse at players. The criticism reflects their IQ which is somewhere between a lampost and a plank of wood, which is a little unfair on both as they are both useful.

Your best post for a while.
Every club has such muppets, you see it every week at the ground but there is a difference between nonsensical slagging off of a player and those raising an opinion that a player is struggling and costing us points, no one should be above criticism, or we may just as well accept we are playing for fun