For those that voted Tory at the last elect what is there to be proud of?
In answer to the OP, I voted Conservative at the last election based on the way I felt at the time. My world is pretty comfortable and I could see business picking up, my kids were getting into work and progressing nicely so therefore I considered that the status quo suited me. I really don't feel ashamed of that decision made at a point in time that I could justify it. Plus I'm not certain there was much choice to be made at the time as Corbyn scares the life out of me.

Having said that looking at the current bunch of loons that hold power in the Conservative party, will I vote for them again - no chance unless something drastically changes. And the writing was on the wall and embarrassingly I was aware of May's reputation as Home Secretary as someone who got her way and thought that would be good for the country - how wrong I was.

Going forward - I really don't see who I would vote for going forward, there are some politicians who I see as having the right idea and matching my views, but unfortunately not enough of them. I am very interested to see how the 'Independant Group' progress because on the face of it their views match mine. I want politicians that speak sense for the country as a whole and not want to implement their ideology on everyone.

Possibly the most 'interesting' political times in my lifetime - fuck knows where it will end up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that voted Tory at the last elect what is there to be proud of? - by baggy1 - 03-22-2019, 12:13 PM