Zahawi
Does he not have a gagging order? Source Private Eye.
I see Boris was warned he had HMRC on his case but appointed him anyway
Someone could have been killed
There are quite a few who should have HMRC "on their cases" including I suspect our Prime Minister and the outgoing MP for Bromsgrove,
Private Eye is normally well up on this, but I suspect there is a limit to what they can print and what they know. Oh for some more Panama papers!
(01-16-2023, 04:51 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Does he not have a gagging order? Source Private Eye.

He tried a SLAPP and his lawyers tried to intimidate a tax practioner/lawyer called Dave Neidle who posted his fightwith them in his sociial media.  Neidle told 'em to fug off and printed everything.
(01-16-2023, 12:19 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 04:51 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Does he not have a gagging order? Source Private Eye.

He tried a SLAPP and his lawyers tried to intimidate a tax practioner/lawyer called Dave Neidle who posted his fightwith them in his sociial media.  Neidle told 'em to fug off and printed everything.

I refer you to Arkell vs Pressdram

https://lettersofnote.com/2013/08/07/ark...pressdram/
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(01-15-2023, 05:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think YouGov should run a poll to see if he should resign…

Would he have broken the ministerial code ?

Possibly not telling the truth when he was been interviewed for his leadership (YES, unbelievable I know) challenge ? Threatening to sue a journalist who wanted to lift the lid on his alleged HMRC 'difficulties' ? 
He always disgusts me with the utter contempt he shows for all of us when interviewed as he always defends the indefensible.

(01-16-2023, 12:19 PM)hudds Wrote:

Exactly the type of selfish, money grabbing, contemptable individual that would always throw money at lawyers when ever he can. Yet, people vote him into government ?
I've suspected the Tory Party has a deathwish for some time now.

If there is any truth to the rumours then Zahawi has no place as Chairman of the party, if there's no truth to the rumours then Zahawi needs to publish the details of the agreement.
The settlement figure of c£5m for Zahawi includes a 30% penalty, that indicates avoidance but he will say it was an oversight or is an error. Dan Neidle on twitter has the full story but it looks like he offshore his shares in yougov in his parents names and receives payments to him from the company. The amount due was estimated £3.7m (not including the fine). The twitter thread is very interesting due to the threatening behaviour and libel threats being thrown around by his lawyers in true Tory bully boy fashion.
baggy1 Wrote:The settlement figure of c£5m for Zahawi includes a 30% penalty, that indicates avoidance but he will say it was an oversight or is an error. Dan Neidle on twitter has the full story but it looks like he offshore his shares in yougov in his parents names and receives payments to him from the company. The amount due was estimated £3.7m (not including the fine). The twitter thread is very interesting due to the threatening behaviour and libel threats being thrown around by his lawyers in true Tory bully boy fashion.

Extortion, poor chap, they wouldn't need all that tax but for those greedy nurses and ambulance drivers. We clapped them every Thursday and now this happens...
Mahboob Hussain claimed that not declaring his 50% holding in a taxi company that won the SEND contract from Sandwell Council was an “oversight”. This isn’t either, by all indications.