Anti strike laws
Can’t wait to see how those work
Problem: the NHS has a staffing shortage

Solution: make working in the NHS less attractive

Typical Tory policy, reactive and only focused on the immediate term and optics with zero thought into the policy or any unintended consequences.
It’s so unworkable it’s untrue. Talk about heaping problems on the symptom while deluding it’s a cure. I’ve never been on strike and always take a balanced view but I’ll be out the door if this sees the light of day. Also in a sector that has a fundamental staffing supply issue already.
General strike incoming. Junior docs ballot opens on Monday.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
Funny thing is it has prompted me to rejoin the union today. I can't imagine picking a more stupid fight at a more stupid time.

In the case of my employer, if they removed workers for taking this action it would cease to function for a year or more. So it's basically not an option.
Sue my union and I go on strike. See how this works? Not going to work today so we riot. Tbf, martial law is probably their only hope of clinging to power now.

Tbh, the whole policy will open up the UK for more destabilising interference. Foreign governments will manipulate the unions.
(01-06-2023, 12:04 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Sue my union and I go on strike. See how this works? Not going to work today so we riot.  Tbf, martial law is probably their only hope of clinging to power now.

Tbh, the whole policy will open up the UK for more destabilising interference. Foreign governments will manipulate the unions.

Had some bloke lecturing me on the Daily Mail line that people that go into certain sectors should never strike because of the moral obligation to keep them running that you take when you choose the job. With no hint or irony about the duties to employee and wider society that the employer had. Getting someone that thick to understand that your actions are actually protecting said services is a banging your head against the wall job.
(01-06-2023, 01:42 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 12:04 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Sue my union and I go on strike. See how this works? Not going to work today so we riot.  Tbf, martial law is probably their only hope of clinging to power now.

Had some bloke lecturing me on the Daily Mail line that people that go into certain sectors should never strike because of the moral obligation to keep them running that you take when you choose the job. With no hint or irony about the duties to employee and wider society that the employer had. Getting someone that thick to understand that your actions are actually protecting said services is a banging your head against the wall job.

You signed up for Lived Experience Directors and Platinum Plated Pensions.  Deal with it.