FAO All Users and Lurkers
Hey everyone.

I'm stuck in a hard position right now. I've been in discussions with the company that own and manage the server this forum runs on. Due to size of our database and such we take up a lot of space and resource, we also have massive spikes in activity at certain times, mostly when we lose, so Steve Bruce nearly killed the server.

As with everywhere in the world right now, they are increasing prices, this is common every year, however this year it's a ridiculous increase imo, and I said I'd start looking elsewhere if that is the case. Which has its own problems.

They've agreed to hold our prices still on the condition I pay for 24 months up front. There isn't enough in the board funds account to cover that, I'm happy to sub it and take the money out the funds as they come in over time. 

However I thought I'd also stick this post up to see if anyone wants to donate, as always it is not necessary, no record is made or kept of donations, but it does really help. We don't have adverts or any form of monetisation on this forum past the tiny Amazon link I'm not even sure works anymore. And I do intend to keep it that way permanently. 

There is also a good cause I wish to get some funds for to do something good as the community we have on here, I'm sure some will work out what I mean already.

As always, huge thanks to anyone who can donate, at least we'll have 2 years guaranteed uptime on what has been a very stable and reliable server host.

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_bu...WFLJGVXRN8

Bank Details:

Chris Brown
60-03-54
(01-03-2023, 10:33 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Hey everyone.

I'm stuck in a hard position right now. I've been in discussions with the company that own and manage the server this forum runs on. Due to size of our database and such we take up a lot of space and resource, we also have massive spikes in activity at certain times, mostly when we lose, so Steve Bruce nearly killed the server.

As with everywhere in the world right now, they are increasing prices, this is common every year, however this year it's a ridiculous increase imo, and I said I'd start looking elsewhere if that is the case. Which has its own problems.

They've agreed to hold our prices still on the condition I pay for 24 months up front. There isn't enough in the board funds account to cover that, I'm happy to sub it and take the money out the funds as they come in over time. 

However I thought I'd also stick this post up to see if anyone wants to donate, as always it is not necessary, no record is made or kept of donations, but it does really help. We don't have adverts or any form of monetisation on this forum past the tiny Amazon link I'm not even sure works anymore. And I do intend to keep it that way permanently. 

There is also a good cause I wish to get some funds for to do something good as the community we have on here, I'm sure some will work out what I mean already.

As always, huge thanks to anyone who can donate, at least we'll have 2 years guaranteed uptime on what has been a very stable and reliable server host.

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_bu...WFLJGVXRN8

Bank Details:

Chris Brown
60-03-54

Dosh on its way shortly (just done banking - log back in!)
Sent some over mate.
Done, thanks Chris.
Sent some coin over Birdy!

As always thanks for keeping this dump going.
Money sent birdy
Done, cheers Birdie
Done Birdy. And thanks for keeping the bored unbored.
Sent some over, keep up the good work and I'll keep wasting my time away!!!
Money sent. Cheers Birdmon.