Entirely comfortable…
(11-28-2022, 01:27 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: My point is if you had half a brain you'd have seen how incompetent they were well before then and done nothing of the sort

There's incompetence and there's 
[Image: 873.jpg?width=620&quality=85&dpr=1&s=none]

Does that answer your question?
Jeremy Corbyn came to Bromsgrove, pulled out a Glock, pointed it at your head and forced you to put a cross in the Tory box?
(11-28-2022, 01:31 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Jeremy Corbyn came to Bromsgrove, pulled out a Glock, pointed it at your head and forced you to put a cross in the Tory box?

Jeremy Corbyn would've emptied my wallet quicker even than this lot - without Covid or Ukraine.
Yes, because the man who didn't have the support in his economic principles from his own party let alone a likely coalition or C&S partner would have been able to railroad a Leninist budget through? Let alone the response of the markets to any marked shift in policy.

And let's not pretend that the 2019 economic policies in the Tory manifesto weren't some magical unicorn fairy bollocks either. And then they elected Liz Truss, and now Sunak and Hunt are boxed into a corner and have nothing to deal with sclerotic growth and incredible risk of stagflation.
None of that changes the fact that Jeremy Corbyn would've emptied my wallet quicker even than this lot - without Covid or Ukraine.
Do you have a selective reading disorder or something?
(11-28-2022, 02:36 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Do you have a selective reading disorder or something?

No, but I do have a wallet considerably thicker than it might otherwise have been.
Did you think all the uncosted spending in the 2019 Tory manifesto would have been funded out of thin air or something then? Do you think the knock on effects of cost of the provision of public services reducing operational value for money haven't had an impact on Treasury expenditure?

What about the economic effects of poor growth, abject productivity and stagflation? Are you the only person in Britain insulated from that? Not even to mention idiotic energy policy that has taken more money from consumers than any projected tax increase from what I can tell.
(11-28-2022, 01:30 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:27 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: My point is if you had half a brain you'd have seen how incompetent they were well before then and done nothing of the sort

There's incompetence and there's 
[Image: 873.jpg?width=620&quality=85&dpr=1&s=none]

Does that answer your question?

Jeremys forced you to go door knocking - gotcha
(11-28-2022, 03:06 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Did you think all the uncosted spending in the 2019 Tory manifesto would have been funded out of thin air or something then? Do you think the knock on effects of cost of the provision of public services reducing operational value for money haven't had an impact on Treasury expenditure?

What about the economic effects of poor growth, abject productivity and stagflation? Are you the only person in Britain insulated from that? Not even to mention idiotic energy policy that has taken more money from consumers than any projected tax increase from what I can tell.

I'm sure I've mentioned the concept of #LeastWorst before somewhere.

Meanwhile I see your lot in the south are keeping their mouths shut about the Villiers amendment, praying it fails so they can be their usual opportunistic BANANA selves come the election.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.