Films raved about that you cant stand
dons protective gear

The Godfather
Interesting that Goodfellas and Godfather get mentioned.

Although I certainly wouldn’t say I can’t stand them, I do think they’re very over rated.
Godfather II is one of the best examples of a sequel being better than the original. Same goes for The Empire strikes back.
backsidebaggie Wrote:Interesting that Goodfellas and Godfather get mentioned.

Although I certainly wouldn’t say I can’t stand them, I do think they’re very over rated.

I think they were both very 'of a time'. I love them BTW but the younger ones in the family don't share the same opinion.
Forrest Gump.

Mawkish, sickly drivel for idiots.
Never ever understood why Withnail was ever so highly rated.

I mentioned the other week that I recently had my first ever viewing of mona Lisa and was not very impressed at all
(11-18-2022, 04:50 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: Never ever understood why Withnail was ever so highly rated.

I mentioned the other week that I recently had my first ever viewing of mona Lisa and was not very impressed at all

Homosexual Uncle Monty?  Big Grin
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood

I love Tarantino but that was a bloated, boring mess.

The Irishman is also deathly dull and goes on forever.
Top Gun: Maverick.
(11-18-2022, 05:02 PM)Duffers Wrote: Once Upon A Time in Hollywood

I love Tarantino but that was a bloated, boring mess.

The Irishman is also deathly dull and goes on forever.

I loved The Irishman, but you are quite right about Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. For far too much of it, you are watching someone watch bad television with added shots of Margot Robbie's dirty feet. Very self-indulgent although the end was quite poignant considering the reality of those events.