Predictions for QPR
2-0 loss. Never been an easy ground for us, and more importantly, we don't have the cutting edge, nor the defensive stability to see out a game against a top end team at the moment. I'd take a point if it were offered.

(11-04-2022, 12:38 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I said before, and I won't ever change. We'll get out of trouble by keeping goals out. Next season we can then work on scoring those goals we'll need to be promoted.

Two clean sheets in a row will do wonders for the team as a whole.

Agreed. Our organisation has plummeted under Bruce and we still can't shake this habit of conceding early goals. That would cause any team to be mentally fragile. Get organised, cut out the silly goals, build the confidence in each other.
(11-04-2022, 12:38 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I said before, and I won't ever change. We'll get out of trouble by keeping goals out. Next season we can then work on scoring those goals we'll need to be promoted.

Given the fact that the parachute money ends this season what makes you think that  we'll be in a position to mount a promotion push next season? I'm intrigued. Unless of course we have that stupid 25m loan and really gamble with the future of the club. Promotion was meant to be last season and this season is last chance saloon and we fucked it all up. I really fear for us next season.
(11-05-2022, 11:05 AM)Calgary_Baggie Wrote:

Given the fact that the parachute money ends this season what makes you think that  we'll be in a position to mount a promotion push next season? I'm intrigued. Unless of course we have that stupid 25m loan and really gamble with the future of the club. Promotion was meant to be last season and this season is last chance saloon and we fucked it all up. I really fear for us next season.

The optimism I have for next season is that Corberan is a decent coach who will improve us with time.

Even with budget cuts, we will have a decent spine next season, Swift, Wallace, Dike, O’Shea, Ayaji, Yokuslu, Grady, Rogic, TGH all under contract and unlikely to have much attention in the summer.

The thing we lack is leadership and there are plenty of players in this division that will be able to offer some hunger and captain material available in the summer.
Just this season QPR, Blackburn, Preston have shown that good coaching can lead to outperforming the parachute payment clubs. I'd love a clean sheet but QPR are playing well, so I'm expecting a loss here. As long as we the same or better levels of application and a reasonably clear gameplan I'll be happy though.

You would, Nick.

So what? Give up? Keep the faith, we're better fixed than most.
(11-05-2022, 12:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

The £25 million maybe a distraction, paying off Bruce & son, Other debts (Grant fee) Pay off Lai's loans and most of that would be gone. I'm confused as to what is going to be used as collateral if not the ground? 
Nobody lends you that type of money without it being secured on something. We have no parachute money to use as assured collateral.
We need to keep our squad together and forget about replacing Bartley & Jake - maybe a couple of loans.
That should be all we need CC can get the guys we have performing and get Ashworth, Cleary, Bryan, Dyke involved bring Kipre and Mowatt back we still have a very strong squad.
(11-05-2022, 12:51 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

The £25 million maybe a distraction, paying off Bruce & son, Other debts (Grant fee) Pay off Lai's loans and most of that would be gone. I'm confused as to what is going to be used as collateral if not the ground? 
Nobody lends you that type of money without it being secured on something. We have no parachute money to use as assured collateral.
We need to keep our squad together and forget about replacing Bartley & Jake - maybe a couple of loans.
That should be all we need CC can get the guys we have performing and get Ashworth, Cleary, Bryan, Dyke involved bring Kipre and Mowatt back we still have a very strong squad.

Exactly. Kipré and Mowatt coming in to replace Jake and Bartley is an upgrade, and probably costs less per week!
(11-05-2022, 11:24 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

The optimism I have for next season is that Corberan is a decent coach who will improve us with time.

Even with budget cuts, we will have a decent spine next season, Swift, Wallace, Dike, O’Shea, Ayaji, Yokuslu, Grady, Rogic, TGH all under contract and unlikely to have much attention in the summer.

The thing we lack is leadership and there are plenty of players in this division that will be able to offer some hunger and captain material available in the summer.

Is correct