So promoton via the play-offs it is
Ask me if we get there , as it seems a long way off atm
(03-13-2019, 07:51 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 07:15 AM)Peachy Wrote: I fucking hate Wembley. Both times ive been back there since 1993 have been horrible. It's just such a shit day out if you lose.

I really don't want to go but I know I will. Fucking Albion.....

Me and CIM Jnr had a cracking day out in the draw vs Spurs there last season.

As we found in 1993. Winning the Play Off Final is better than going up automatically.

1993 was such a great day. Seems a lifetime ago now. We are due another win there I suppose.

Imagine if it was us and Villa in the final!!! Doesn't bear thinking about.
I've only ever seen Derby, Portsmouth and England win at Wembley. The first two were soul destroying experiences while the latter was largely quite soulless. The draw with Tottenham was a good day out though. Most entertaining part of the England win was the pre match argument with a steward who threatened to eject me from the stadium with the aid of his 'colleagues' for standing a whole foot inside a 'yellow zone'. I hadn't even realised I was in one. Thundercuntingfuckwhit. Wembley - an atmospheric soul vacuum inhabited by brain dead jobsworth zombie stewards with the accumulated IQ of an amoeba colony. Shithole of a place we may not even get to yet one which still provokes an inner need to whinge and moan about. Welcome to the Crapdome and say goodbye to your next mortgage payment.

Boofuckinghoo......
Also only seen us lose there against Derby and Portsmouth.

Horrible days!
The juggernaut is accelerating now. We'll go on a mad run and will capture 27 points by the end of the season. If not, we'll go up via the playoffs.
Hunt, Donavon and Reid etched into my memory....what a day. In the pub at 6am and my first experience of any kind of glory, and it was in its own way just glorious!
Had an unscheduled stop at Wembley Station on the Chiltern last week, fucking he'll what a shit tip it looks from the tracks. A stadium with no personality being swamped by Premier Inns at all. Sad.
(03-13-2019, 08:05 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I've only ever seen Derby, Portsmouth and England win at Wembley. The first two were soul destroying experiences while the latter was largely quite soulless. The draw with Tottenham was a good day out though. Most entertaining part of the England win was the pre match argument with a steward who threatened to eject me from the stadium with the aid of his 'colleagues' for standing a whole foot inside a 'yellow zone'. I hadn't even realised I was in one. Thundercuntingfuckwhit. Wembley - an atmospheric soul vacuum inhabited by brain dead jobsworth zombie stewards with the accumulated IQ of an amoeba colony. Shithole of a place we may not even get to yet one which still provokes an inner need to whinge and moan about. Welcome to the Crapdome and say goodbye to your next mortgage payment.

Boofuckinghoo......

Harsh on Bromley...
In the form of his life.
Been 3 times - Port Vale, Derby and Portsmouth. Derby was by far the worst, not a place for losers.

If we get to the play-offs, then manage to win the play off final, we’re overdue with our win one/lose one record, I suspect it would be met with the least euthusiastic response in the history of these games.

Unless it was against villa of course. That would be the greatest feeling ever, although I’d rather not go through the agony of potentially losing that match for the high it may give at the end.
Only been to the new shit hole once, for the play off final, much preferred my experience at the old place in 68.
(03-13-2019, 08:05 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I've only ever seen Derby, Portsmouth and England win at Wembley. The first two were soul destroying experiences while the latter was largely quite soulless. The draw with Tottenham was a good day out though. Most entertaining part of the England win was the pre match argument with a steward who threatened to eject me from the stadium with the aid of his 'colleagues' for standing a whole foot inside a 'yellow zone'. I hadn't even realised I was in one. Thundercuntingfuckwhit. Wembley - an atmospheric soul vacuum inhabited by brain dead jobsworth zombie stewards with the accumulated IQ of an amoeba colony. Shithole of a place we may not even get to yet one which still provokes an inner need to whinge and moan about. Welcome to the Crapdome and say goodbye to your next mortgage payment.

Boofuckinghoo......

Reading between the lines you seem to be intimating that you didn't enjoy the experience...